MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

OK you camera pros I need some help

I am hoping to get a new digital soon. What I need is something that will be able to take action shots indoors and in low light without the hesitation I get with the one now.(blurred images)

What should I look for or is this possible?

Nut, take a look at the Panasonic Lumix FZ-7. Sounds like it's just what you need. I just got the FZ-5, which is the model the FZ-7 replaced. The FZ-7 is supposed to have some improvements that allow it to work even better indoors than the FZ-5 does. The 12x optical zoom is really nice, plus the image stabilization feature, you can't beat it.

Still toting around my pro-sumer Sony F707. Figured by now I would have a new cam. Anyhow, I'll jump on the Rebel bandwagon. Here is one more to consider, Sony A100. Check out the reviews from the people who own it.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dslra100.asp

I looked at the rebel like moosie and jose have and also looked at the sony today. Nice cameras
I really liked that sony, the demo modle on the reble was pretty banged up I will have to find a better one to look at.
I havent seen the d80 up close and personal yet.

Del,
I have the Canon Digital Rebel XT and I love it. It was just replaced by the Rebel XTi, and it is even better (10mp vs. 8.1mp). The Canon has lots of 3rd party suppliers who make the EF lenses that allows for a huge selection, depending on your needs.

The cool thing with the big resolution cameras is you can take most close up pictures, and you can still crop them with software to get rid of the excess and blow them up even more.

If you want, I can send you some links to some photo albums I have online that show the quality of the camera.

The best place, iMHO, to buy them is Costco. They are generally about as cheap as you can find them PLUS, if you have any problems, they return stuff so much easier than any of the yahoos on ebay or the mailorder places. Here is the Canon XTi at Costco for $799 including lens http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11180829&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=. The standard lens is a great place to start until you figure out what else you want.

I know they have the Canon, and I have seen the Nikon in there.

If you want to go mail order, I have had good success with these guys,
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

But, again, Costco is generally easier if they have you want.

I do too. It's KICK ASS. There are alot of good cameras outthere I'm sure, butthis ones Easy to use and is leaps and bounds better then anything I've ever owned.

Thanks for the heads up! Now I have to shoot our catalog for the shop:D
The thing is awsum
heres the first pic

I had to resize it cause its huge, the second pic is full size but just a cropped out section.

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 117
  • resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 117
Your cat has a very clean nose....

Congrats on the purchase. You won't believe how many pictures you will take. And with the kids, you have plenty of reasons to take high quality pictures that you will enjoy more than any school picture or similar.

Check out the Costco photo printing system on their website. I will upload pictures to them, then jump in the car and drive out there and they are ready. I think they are 15 cents for a 4x6,
5x7" - 39¢ each
8x10" - $1.49 each
8x12" - $1.49 each
11x14" enlargements - $2.99 each
12x18" enlargements - $2.99 each
16x20" posters - $9.99 each
20x30" posters - $9.99 each
Sheet of 4 wallets (2x3) - 39¢

At those prices, you can replace the 8x10's monthly....

WOw thats cool on the costco thing I never knew that.

Thanks Ovis.

one lens I was playing with was the 100 macro from canon. that thing is awsum and a really good piece of glass. the price is even awsum 599.00 ouch. couldnt do it now but maybe later. The stock lens should get me by for the online store catalog anyhow.
I built a light box for our molds and baits and it works good except the old camera I had was a piece of junk.

Dang Delw hooks up with a new camera and immediately starts shooting pictures of pooozey...way to go old man! :D

was playing with the camera today.
Still have a little work to do in photoshop and get the lighting right in the light box, but this camera is cool.
this is the stock lens which looks like it will work perfect, I can only imaging what the 600 dollar lens would do.

Delw

Attachments

• buzzfrog1.jpg
    buzzfrog1.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 52
  • buzzfrog2.jpg
    buzzfrog2.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 5grub.jpg
    5grub.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 53
  • paddle51.jpg
    paddle51.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 51
Very nice. I like the 3rd and the 4th picture the best.

What is the cycle time on your molds? Are all gates at the hook end? What temps do you have to run?

These are just soft plastic baits there is no hooks imbedded in them.
cycle time on my old machine including debur and finishing is about 1.5 hours on the last mold . the machine coming in, in the next few days the cycle time will be about 18-22 mins complete no other operations liek I have now.

the gates are usually at the hook end yes.(understood the gates question now)
the pastic runs about 350 º when its ready to pour.

The 3rd pic I like cause the mold in the background is not really out of focus that much. I dont want everything to be in focus only the baits as thats what the customer is making , just want to give them an idea of the mold.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back