Off-Season Hunting Activities?

KC

Hunting opportunities and/or outdoor activities are scarce this time of year. We are currently hunkering down and waiting out a blizzard.

What hunting and/or outdoor related activities have you participated in, so far this year? :rolleyes:

I've gone on several day hikes in the foothills.

I went deep sea fishing in Mexico, in February.

I just got back from hunting hogs and exotics, in Texas.

I've spent a few days at my house in the mountains and killed some prairie dogs and rabbits that have spent the winter munching on my aspen trees and shrubs. It's fun to watch what a ballistic tip does to a prairie dog. :evilgrin:

I've been to the skeet range a few times.

I just finished reading a good book about hunting.

So what have you been doing?

KC

Well since big game season ended last fall its been a little bit of fishing, help coach the daughters basketball team to a dismal season, a little more fishing, shooting the ol' pistoles at the local indoor range, spent some time in the hills at our cabin (had to snowshoe in twice :) ), taught a few hunters safety courses, joined an indoor archery club, did the gunsafe cleanout and wipe down, and am now coaching the daughters fastpitch team and getting ready to head up to the hills when the snow melts to splatter squeeks with the 10-22 and .223! ...there really is no off season is there!

One trip to texas for hogs, been doing some fishing, little sporting clays, going back to texas on wed. called a few coyotes. Pretty average spring.

Mostly fishing....Some ice fishing for bluegills and some open water fishing on Keuka and Seneca Lakes, which seldom freeze because of thier great depth, for lake trout, pike and perch...The last couple of weeks since the general stream trout season opened, I've been having a ball catching some big wild trout from some remote woodland streams near here...

Two weeks from now I'll be in Ontario hunting spring gobblers, and then after that I'll be hunting gobblers here in NY and in neighboring PA...That'll keep me busy until June, when the bass season opens...

I shoot alot of trap and skeet in winter leagues during the winter and shoot my bow whenever the weather is ok. I'm going to start fishing pretty serious before too long, mainly stream trout and panfish in some of the small lakes around here. Been quite a few good long hikes watching critters and trying to find antlers. I picked up a new mountain bike a couple weeks back and have been riding it some to stay in shape as well as just have some fun on. I try to keep myself outside as much as possible even if its not hunting season.

Back