Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

notched tag - idaho elk

Baerman

Being I have a Mt Goat hunt I'd like to focus more on, I was not at all picky this year. Water was scarce and moved the elk another 1.5 miles up a canyon that I like to hunt which made for a grueling pack out. We got into them in the morning but as soon as the sun hit the hills they quieted down and I figured rather than risk bumping them that I'd come back that evening. With 30 mins of light to spare, I called a rag 5 into 10 yds and called it good. Got the bull quarted, meat bagged and strapped a hind qtr, front qtr and backstrap on my MR Longbow. 3 miles later I made it back to camp at 11:30 that night. Went back with the wife the following morning to retrieve the rest of the meat and see if we could find an easy bull but knowing our main goal was packing meat, we didn't give it too much effort.

I have a Mystery Ranch Longbow and we picked my wife up a Stone Glacier this year. I was excited to test them side by side. I really like the load shelf, the buckles, zippers straps and lighter material and much lighter weight of the Stone Glacier pack. It lacks storage compartments but that's about all it lacks. Time will tell if it will hold up as long as an MR but based on the load testing by SG it should be just fine.

Please forgive the Halloweenish pictures, I forgot to take a camera so no field shots this time and I wanted to reduce as much weight as possible.

IMGP5868 small.jpg

IMGP5872 small.jpg

IMGP5873small.jpg

Year after year you and the wife get it done! Way to go Baer clan! Looking forward to the goat story and pics.

lol, You think I'm that stupid?! That might have been the final straw. She had a tag in pocket hoping I would get to return the favor.

I was going to throw you out of the competition for husband of the year.

Nice bull. Kill a goat would ya.

Congratz on the Bull! I have that stone glacier pack as well, and its amazing and Kurt is awesome to work with. GL on the Mt Goat tag and I can't wait to see pictures! Forgot to add, be safe out there, lookin like weather is moving in for the entire north West... should put some good hair on those goats though.

Congratz on the Bull! I have that stone glacier pack as well, and its amazing and Kurt is awesome to work with. GL on the Mt Goat tag and I can't wait to see pictures! Forgot to add, be safe out there, lookin like weather is moving in for the entire north West... should put some good hair on those goats though.

Thanks! I got a good look at a goat this weekend in a unit next to the unit I have a tag for and the hair is looking pretty good. I hear by mid October they are pretty much haired out.

Congrats on a fine trophy and best of luck on your goat hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back