Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Not going to brag about Oscar III in this thread...

Moosie

Grand poopa
But i will give Kudos to Zachary, my 2nd oldest. He was 1 of 3 kids in his grade in the school to get the Presidential physical fitness award and later got a trophy for PE student of the year.

Weekly bragging done........more next week ;)

It sounds like Moosie could learn a thing or two from his own kids.......spelling bee winner, physical fitness award...the list could go on I'm sure.

Congrats to Zachary on the wonderful achievement. Way to go!

To tag onto your thread- My oldest daughter just got the PPF award herself for the 4th? straight year...I was amazed how few girls in her 7th grade class were awarded it :confused: Talked to the PE teacher and she said most opted out (wouldn't even try) many of the categories...especially the pull-ups. The junk food generation?

Guess my kid (from all her pitching) cranked em' off pretty handily...more so than quite a few of the boys heehee! Keep that in mind future boyfriends!

Then she got the Principals award for straight A's for the entire year (her 4th quarter (7 classes) percentages ranged from 96.7 to 104.8) and she also received a medal from the Athletic Director for the top female softball player on the team!

Like Oscar...it's been a PROUD week around the house and we still have the younger two to go next week!!
Congrats to your sons Moosie...sounds like you and Mom are doing things right!

These kids will all be surpassing their father in prowess in the near years to come... Congrats on your second in line

MavB, There was 2 others (like I said) that got the PPF. Only 3 ? I was shoked. I also think the pullups are the thing that kills most kids. I know I had a hard time doing them and today can't do one. But I'm fatter now too ;)

But yes, I don't think kids now a days do a whole lot. So If any kids trys jsut a little, they succeed and are on top of the pile !

my son can kick your son's ass

But yes, I don't think kids now a days do a whole lot. So If any kids trys jsut a little, they succeed and are on top of the pile !
I totally agree Oscar and it's pretty frickin sad IMO. Give you an example of how things are going here (and we live in a fairly small community): Our local Little League at one point had 3 girls major and 4 girls minor fastpitch softball teams- the last two years weve taken the Distirct and Section Allstar Championships and have traveled clear to State (SF Bay area) to not only compete but have placed as high as 3rd. That being said, you would think there would be enough continued interest (especially with our recent success) to grow if not at least maintain the number of kids in this program.

...not the case, we are down to 4 total teams and won't even have enough 11-12 y/olds to field an Allstar squad! Kids would rather play Dumbtendo and eat chips than play ball....all our other school sports are facing the same problems- some of the schools are starting to drop programs for lack of turnout.

things sure have changed.
Kids dont go outside and play like they did when we were younger. i would imagine there are several reasons for it....like the fact that everyone lives in an air conditioned home now, and the computers....but i think the number one reason is that parents are content with their children being in the house because of the world we live in today.

Good points as well JB.

Guess, at the ripe old age of (almost) 48 I'm pretty old fashioned.
My kids don't have the gameboys, playstations, x-box, type of stuff and they don't seem to miss it. Their computer time is pretty well limited to homework and emailing friends. The teenager doesn't have a cellphone as she has yet to prove to me the need for such at her age. I have no problem in spending a couple of Franklins for a new bat or glove or whatever knowing that one- they will take care of it and it won't be outdated the second it's purchased and two- knowing that they will get the benefit of exercise, the concept of teamwork and teamplay, and will be shown the responsibility and commitment that come with it.

Sounds like I'll be needing to get ahold of Marv and Moosie after June 11th for some parenting tips. Congrats to both of you and your kids!!!!

10 days till my 'little squirt' gets here...

Hey Marv,
Any chance your kid is coming to Reno for a tournament?
The next two months are nonstop fastpitch tournaments at the park next to our little league fields, there will be some great games for sure. Let me know.

Moosie, congrats on the kids achievements, have you told them they were adopted yet?:D

MarvB, You are old fasion. Just because there are game cubes and Nintendos, and alot of kids using them are slackers. Not all kids are. I make sure my kids get to play the Game cubes and Computer games. I think it's an important part of growing up now adays. If you actually break down the day, there is PLEANTY of time to eat right, play outside, go to school, play games on the computer, play games with parents, do homework and read before bed too. Maybe not every day but kids need to be kids and Gamin' is a big part of being a kid now a day.

I'm not saying my way is right, but it works for me. I think anything can be OK if done a little at a time. Heck, Even a waterbaloon fight in the house is OK if it's only a couple ;)

One more thing.. I think Parents are jsut as much to blame on the Lack of sporting activities that kids do as much as the kids are.

we are down to 4 total teams and won't even have enough 11-12 y/olds to field an Allstar squad!

If the teams had parents that went to every game, promoted good playing, got involved with the kids, made it fun... I think more kids would play. I've had kids forgotten at soccer practice and some parents I have never even met. They come out in the Begining of the year, sign the papers, and I never see them the rest of the year. I think thats sad. It's truely BS. I have coached some kids that are ... Uhhhh... Not the best of Shape. But love to come every week an every practice and like to have fun and love the Good feedback. If I didn't wok with them in a positive, constructive, supporting type way I'm sure they wouldn't come and would sit infront of the "Dumbtendo" (I like that :D) and get fatter.

If the parents don't support the kids then why should the kids be motivated in doing the right thing ? Why should the kid have the desire to do it themselves ? I have to admit I was Very happy this year when Soccer was over, a little sad too, but Happy I got some free time. It truely takes alot to make 4 soccer days a week with 2 games on Sat. It's tough. I feel for the parents that are stuck in those deals.... But the kids do better when they have the parents support and drive them to do better and more then they did before. I'm not saying it's jsut the parents fault, but whether my kid is 3 or 30 someday, I will try to support and drive them to learn and do better. I'm not gonig to let them jsut Settle in front of a TV or piss their life away. I know I'm not the Best parent but I've seen alot of Crappy parents and ones that just PISS ME OFF.... OK, I'm done...... :p

One more thing.. I think Parents are jsut as much to blame on the Lack of sporting activities that kids do as much as the kids are.
Not as much IMHO but MORE SO! Most things that kids (initially) get interested in are a reflection of their parents interests. If Mom and Dad have their collective asses planted on upholstery for six hours a night, guess what junior begins to think that "normal" is?

Regarding the games, I realize Mooseman that they work for a lot of people but I also have seen (and even if it's 30:70 odds) the definate downside with a lot of children and have heard it from many of their teachers as well. Plus when they stay at a friends house that's into that stuff the first thing I hear (moreson from my younger two) when I ask if they had fun is "kinda...all XXXX wanted to do was play on the computer!" Again, you're right that there is time for both but too many parents let a "screen" be their babysitter!

Tyler, you takin/ notes?? :D

FCBen...won't be over in Reno for any tourneys...we still have 3 league games left, then the Tournament of Champions, and then All-Stars....Be the end of July till we're complete and now the middle daughter wants to play Fall ball so......|oo

Yep. Does that mean I'm gonna have to curb my hunttalk time? ;)

Only if you want to loose good information.... Jot that chit down and give it to the mail order bride :)

Also, tell your wife how good she looks being fat, they love that !!! :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back