MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Nosler's new caliber

My wife uses a .260 Remington and I use a 6.5 x 06. This new nosler 6.5 looks interesting. Can't wait to try one in a left handed gun.

Tikka should make this in a t3 stainless like right Now!!!!

"New" for 2014, make up for a lack of practice and ballistic knowledge with pure velocity!

Mostly kidding, but you would have to pay me good money to trade the smaller 6.5's for that. I've been lamenting the muzzle blast on my .260ai making it tricky to spot shots at times.

Buying a new Nosler "shooting platform" may be the only way to get your hands on some long range Accubonds. ; )

I have to laugh I just spent $500 building a Win .264 magnum. I really cant see where this new calibre will be any better?

I have to laugh I just spent $500 building a Win .264 magnum. I really cant see where this new calibre will be any better?
As you know "better" is subjective. The only material differences I see, and some might consider them advantages, with the new round are a skosh more capacity and no belt on the case.

This is sort of a Mixed blessing to me... I have always had exceptional performance from Nosler slugs, and Their loaded ammo. It's nice to see a "Bullet" Company going through the time and effort (not to mention SAAMI) to bring a cartridge to market, but this chambering literally has 0 appeal to me.

Like was said above, New for 2014, Nosler tries to eliminate practice and Ballistic understanding with pure velocity.:( To each their own... I hope this chambering works out for them, but this just shows how few niches are left in hunting cartridges.

Also, Side rant... Has anyone found what size Point Blank? Are they talking about a 6" PBR... I think its probably a 10", and that IMO is a poor way to zero a rifle for hunting. And anyone heard what the parent case is for this one? My first thought was a .375 Ruger necked down, but that is speculation only.

This is sort of a Mixed blessing to me... I have always had exceptional performance from Nosler slugs, and Their loaded ammo. It's nice to see a "Bullet" Company going through the time and effort (not to mention SAAMI) to bring a cartridge to market, but this chambering literally has 0 appeal to me.

Like was said above, New for 2014, Nosler tries to eliminate practice and Ballistic understanding with pure velocity.:( To each their own... I hope this chambering works out for them, but this just shows how few niches are left in hunting cartridges.

Also, Side rant... Has anyone found what size Point Blank? Are they talking about a 6" PBR... I think its probably a 10", and that IMO is a poor way to zero a rifle for hunting. And anyone heard what the parent case is for this one? My first thought was a .375 Ruger necked down, but that is speculation only.
Speculation on another forum came to the conclusion that I might not be the 375 Ruger based on the case capacity stated in the limited info out. So, who knows...?

Like was said above, New for 2014, Nosler tries to eliminate practice and Ballistic understanding with pure velocity.:(

My thoughts are those people are going to shoot long range without the understanding of ballistics anyway. Less wounded animals with a flatter shooting cartridge from these idiots would be my guess. Also, this cartridge is very interesting to me as I am a huge fan of the 6.5 due to low recoil, high energy, great bullet selection, and flat trajectories. With that being said, I am not sure I would trade my 6.5-284 that shoots 3150 fps for this, but time will tell...;)

If I am going with a hot 6.5 it'd be the 6.5 SAUM. 140's at 3,200fps, with potential to load brass over 15x and 2,000 rounds down a tube.

brass001-1.jpg

Not sure I'm enabler, but...well I might be. Not a whole lot that rifle wouldn't be good for in ID. Plus, you could just drive down to Orofino to get your scope! It'd save on shipping costs. ;)

If I remember your personal situation, get it now. Wives and kids seem to get in the way of those types of purchases. Axe me how I know...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back