Nosler Partition or Barnes TTSX

Steve is on a plane right now, but when he is back at the shop you can give him a call. I know it was in the works to offer loaded ammo. Don't know if they got it all worked out yet or not. mtmuley
Custom Cartridge in 25-06 though I had to sift through the Barnes options

Last edited:
I am a solid copper guy and avoid lead for many (but all unpolitical) reasons. So of the two - the Barnes.

The only reason I stopped using Partition was I was forced to go to non-Lead by the regulations. One advantage to that is a flatter shooting projectile because I went from 180 grains to 165 grains. According to retained mass the same weight upon recovery.

Partitions are boringly predictable excellent terminal performance. My scope dial goes further in 1 revolution with the copper.

Which bullet would you guys rather use on western game? TTSX has less wind drift and more energy than a partition but i feel like the partition would expand better on elk and deer. trying to decide which one would be better...... I have never used a full copper bullet anyone with some experience let me know what you think of them.
I would much rather use the bullet I have faith in and shoot as well as I can. I'm certain either of those bullet's would work well but simply to expensive for me to shoot. I like to practice with loads I hunt with.

Western game? What is the big difference between western game and eastern game? With properly placed shot either will die very well with a properly placed bullet! Wait a min. Your talking about the need to make cross canyon shots out west as apposed to woods shots in the east. Well I have lived in the west most of my life and the farthest shot I ever took was 330yds measured. I live in central Oregon ranch country and if I choose to take them, getting 1000+ yd shot would be no big deal. I choose to take the shots, I do not let the fact that long shots are there influence me. I knew a guy here years ago that did all his "western" hunting with a mod 94 Win and he'd get tags filled every year.

Someone already said it, try both bullet's and see which one you shoot best. The magic is not in the bullet but in the bullet placement.

80 TTSX is deadly on deer from my 243. Struggled to get good blood trails for years even with really good shots. Blood trails are phenomenal with the Barnes. Hard to find right now though

Which ones? mtmuley
hammer.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back