North Dakota Zone 2L Archery Deer Tag??

VA5326

Hey guys I'm trying to plan a DIY Whitetail Archery hunt to North Dakota in Zones 2L and possibly 2F1. My question is: Are ND whitetail archery tags OTC, is it a draw, or both? I know you have to put in for the draw per se, but is it 100% draw odds? I've heard a couple of different perspectives but they are from gun hunters and they weren't exactly sure on archery regs and such.I know the gun draw is very difficult to score a tag nowadays. Full disclosure: I've done very little research and I'd figure I'd ask here first to start. Thanks guys.

Yes archery whitetail tags are over the counter . Can buy online or any local hardware store

You don't apply in a draw for a wt tag, just otc or order online. There is no deadline to purchase either.

What the last 2 guys said.

Also, tags are good statewide. Season is generally around September 1 through January 5. That's roughly the dates. Depends on how the weekends fall.

Awesome! Thanks for the assist gents. Sounds easy enough. I have an acquaintance who has a private farm right that sits right next to public. He's not an archer though.

Can buy online or any local hardware store

I don't believe you can buy them at any local store. Per the Game and Fish regs- "General nonresident bow licenses for white-tailed deer are issued by the Department’s Bismarck office, through the Department web site, or by calling 1-800-4066409." You used to be able to buy everything at lots of local stores but I know they really pared that back.

VA- If I were you, I'd buy a tag online before you come out.

Also depending on the dates when you come, for some extra fun maybe try the upland and or waterfowl hunting as well. Just a suggestion. Enjoy the trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back