PEAX Equipment

North Carolina swan

264Magnum

This was a last minute bonus to my November bear hunt. I bought the tag knowing I had a very slim chance of getting once, since they usually don't migrate through the area until December. During lunch on my last day, the outfitter said a few had been seen flying through, so that evening me and two of his guides headed to the fields with our fingers crossed. An hour later, a flock of 6 or so flew within range, and I knocked this one down. The guide told me it was an old bird and I should consider this a pretty good trophy. To give you an idea of the size, I'm 6'4".

jtedg7za1avab72gzby.jpg

Any Tundra Swan is a trophy. Congrats.

Let's see, handle is .264mag. When you say they came in range, what would that be, 500 yards? :D

Good job.

It would take a lot of room to put that up on the wall.
I think I got a little ahead of myself. Its at the taxidermist right now, and I have no idea where I'm gonna put it.

Any Tundra Swan is a trophy. Congrats.

Let's see, handle is .264mag. When you say they came in range, what would that be, 500 yards? :D

Good job.
I offered to do it that way, figured I could save them the trouble of calling. But they gave me some excuse about that being "illegal".

Conman's Guide Service. http://conmans.homestead.com/

They do offer swan only hunts in December and, I think, January. I was just lucky and got one early. Its the earliest in the season anyone hunting with him has ever got one.

I do plan on going back in a couple years with some friends.

That's what I thought, too. Its his and his wife's initials: Connie O. Noles and Mike A. Noles. He said he gets that question all the time.

I just ran across this post (8 months later), just joined. I know Mike @ Conman`s and he is a super guy and guide. I`m from NC and go to hunt that area at least once a year. Lots of land (relatively speaking for NC), lots of huge bear, and tons of waterfowl.
Glad to see you get a nice swan. My wife has one on the wall that has a 6' 11" wingspan and it does take up alot of space but luckily I have 10' ceilings.

Back