Caribou Gear Tarp

Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is painful to watch as a hunter. This is even more painful to watch as a former guide. Provide a superior service and guides/outfitters will have no trouble getting clients, its just that simple.

I'm sure this has been said before on this thread, but I would take MOGA far more seriously if they would just say hey, we can't make it on our own for xyz reasons, we want a SUBSIDY to stay in business, and us staying in business would be good for abc reasons. Anything other than that is just rhetoric and lies.

Is it fair to say the strategy is to inflate perceived support for the bill by packing the hearing with all available outfitters or guides to testify in support? I don't purport to know where everyone in MT stands on this bill, but to a casual onlooker...one might think this is a slam dunk to pass the bill, no?

I like how all these outfitters talk about how low their client numbers were in 2020. As if a little thing called Covid maybe had nothing to do with that!!

I'm seriously getting upset with the comments about wanting to make sure guides can have guaranteed clients and business....I'm a small business owner and I'd love to have that! What horses*t
this. government intervention to provide, or guarantee, clients/customers is a subsidy. call it what it is...

Loving the play by play. Stuck with one bar of cell service and unable to watch. Probably just as well.

The outfitter called us Cyberland people.... at least we are informed cyberland people 🤣

The whole loss of block management lands doesnt make sense to me. I'm not sure where they get that and how this bill would improve the situation.

Interesting arguments made.

The outfitter called us Cyberland people.... at least we are informed cyberland people 🤣

The whole loss of block management lands doesnt make sense to me. I'm not sure where they get that and how this bill would improve the situation.

Interesting arguments made.
A large number of the 1 million went into public ownership through the MT legacy project & other timberland transfers that opened up land permanently. That's the biggest chunk.

Literally, block went down because public access went up.

Senator Butch Gillespie of senate district 9 supports the bill for those in that district

Attachments

• A27E3CF3-04A8-4769-AFC7-8F76A5CF1B5B.png
    A27E3CF3-04A8-4769-AFC7-8F76A5CF1B5B.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back