Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have, and I wouldn't insult them with the wages I see offered by what a vast majority of the private sector "pays" in wages.
What is a good wage? I just want to judge where I am at. Oh yeah. pm if you want. Private sector of course.Thanks. mtmuley

What is a good wage? I just want to judge where I am at. Oh yeah. pm if you want. Private sector of course.Thanks. mtmuley
That’s dependent on the area. $18/hour in say ekalaka Montana is a good wage. $18/hour in Williston North Dakota will be listed for a while

All you can get...
So the private sector needs to pay more in your not so humble opinion…..but then who ultimately pays for that? The end consumer….being folks like you and me. Business owners are not just going to absorb the extra cost and hurt their bottom line because some under-educated, no work ethic having jackass that feels he/she is entitled to higher wages can get a job. This unemployment BS has gotten out of hand in a hurry.

So the private sector needs to pay more in your not so humble opinion…..but then who ultimately pays for that? The end consumer….being folks like you and me. Business owners are not just going to absorb the extra cost and hurt their bottom line because some under-educated, no work ethic having jackass that feels he/she is entitled to higher wages can get a job. This unemployment BS has gotten out of hand in a hurry.
Then business owners should do the work themselves if they can't pay enough to attract good workers. Sounds like the business owners aren't worth a shit at hiring either. You can't expect to attract good employees paying them shit wages to maximize your profits. Outfitters learn that lesson every year.

Then business owners should do the work themselves if they can't pay enough to attract good workers. Sounds like the business owners aren't worth a shit at hiring either. You can't expect to attract good employees paying them shit wages to maximize your profits. Outfitters learn that lesson every year.
Please…..do tell.

I’m not sure what I’m missing here, and I’m not gonna call you Mr. @Eric Albus But if you are anywhere near Gallatin County I’d be happy to come help you. I haven’t spent much time on a ranch but I’ve helped stack hay, palpate & milk…
I’m live in the part of Montana people only visit during hunting season, the NE, Hinsdale is home town. If you’re up for a road trip I’d gladly accept your offer, even put you supply room/board.
A friend of mine from Bozeman told me the other day “best thing about living in Bozeman is we’re only about an hour and a half from Montana”.

I know a lot of business owners who all work, and all say the same thing. “There is a real shortage of labor”. Most would like to grow, but can’t on account of labor.
Finding guides is easy, I have a waiting list of people wanting to guide. I’ve hired 3-4 of them to work on the ranch and farm, all quit, “because it’s to much work”.

I know a lot of business owners who all work, and all say the same thing. “There is a real shortage of labor”. Most would like to grow, but can’t on account of labor.
Finding guides is easy, I have a waiting list of people wanting to guide. I’ve hired 3-4 of them to work on the ranch and farm, all quit, “because it’s to much work”.
Now, according to Buzz….if you would have paid them a monthly wage of about $10,000…..they would have stayed…….because that’s feasible!🤣🤣

Wife and I own a business that the wife runs. She pays her employees damn near the same as what she’s making. They get raises every year but most all the money the business makes goes towards paying for the building and business and a little gets saved for “rainy days”. There’s no way we could up their pay and not pass the cost on to our customers. Start raising prices drastically and then you lose customers. Maybe in a few years when business is paid off we can afford to do bigger raises. We for sure aren’t getting rich running a business. But then as a business owner I should be making more than my employees as I’m the one taking all the risk.

A business not being able to get employees because they’re underpaying compared to their competition is one thing.
a business not being able to get employees because their tax dollars are being redistributed to pay able bodied people not to work is another.

I have more jobs and work than I have time for. I can’t fathom how others don’t have the same problem.

It’s not just small mom And pops business that are struggling, large companies are struggling to find employees even though they pay more than th and pops shops. The company I work for has around 20 plants across the United States, every single one is short Handed and what the incentives my company is offering hourly employees to Show Up has gotten ridiculous I won’t go into details but the incentives are not sustainable for a business long term even at our size.

the area I live in has a lot of manufacturing plants in the area, every single one is short handed I know a lot of people in the i district and speak with other managers regularly and all are short handed.

the other thing that no one is discussing is the overall work ethic has dropped especially from the guys in the 20-35 year old age group, what we are finding and others are what used to take 3 people to do from a production standpoint is now taking 4.5-5 people.

the other huge increase that is being seen is the increase in people getting medical notes and being taken off work for extended periods of time. Add in the time off for Covid last year and you quickly see why everyone is short handed.

this is a very complex issue that isn’t going to be solved by throwing more money at unskilled positions.. that will create a bigger problem if a business is spending a higher Percentage of pay to the unskilled workers all that does is hurt the semi-skilled and skilled workers who have
Dedicated the time, energy, and money to become semi skilled or skilled and de-incentivizes others from moving up if the pay structure cannot support a move.

A business not being able to get employees because they’re underpaying compared to their competition is one thing.
a business not being able to get employees because their tax dollars are being redistributed to pay able bodied people not to work is another.

I have more jobs and work than I have time for. I can’t fathom how others don’t have the same problem.
Somewhere between the extreme edges of comparison is the truth.

I have no doubts that all the stimulus money has contributed to some workers choosing to stay home rather than work. Not everyone works with a mentality of advancing themselves financially and materially over the long term.

My family is part of a turkey growing cooperative. Their processing plants are running at @ 60% of pre-COVID employees in spite of raises and monthly bonuses for workers who don’t miss work days. They aren’t losing workers to businesses paying more than they are.
Other businesses in the area are having the same struggle to retain low skilled workers.

The simple answer isn’t as simple as “pay a liveable wage…” What number is that?
Will consumers pay enough for the product a company produces to support increases or will they buy less and in the end workers get layed off because demand decreases?

There’s always going to be tension between production and consumption. Introducing trillions of “magic money” into that equation isn’t sustainable or helpful for stabilizing markets and labor demands.

Too funny welfare ranchers and outfitters, complaining about average joes on welfare. Wow.

Its everywhere. Ive been working 60 to 72 hr weeks plus 2 hrs drive time everyday. They starting people at $23 hr and still nobody applys.

I do agree some people do not want to work and there work ethic is terrible. I dont know how some people survive. They should cut off all unemployment benifits september 1st unless job attached. But nobody is going to work hard for u, unless they are paid well. Everybody wants nice things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back