Caribou Gear Tarp

NM Coyote/Greywolf endangered list

Haha what? Declaring one thriving species as endangered just because it looks similar to an actual endangered species? Crazy but I guess you can't really be surprised any more. On the other hand I was just reading about Mexican grey wolves in response to some tracks I posted and found that the population in southern NM has been growing at or over 15% per year since at least 2019. There coming back.

Send them all down to GA. I will give them on a one-way ticket to meet Jesus. He can figure it out from there. lol

I lived just across the border in AZ for about 6 years. During my time there the overall wolf population nearly doubled. From 80 to over 160. Dont know where the 122 came from. I still get the official wolf report and the population continues to increase as does depredation on livestock. This petition is completely stupid to me. A few are killed annually but I bet very few are accidentally shot.

Last edited:
I am a little surprised that they went the route of trying to just get them listed as 'endangered.' There is no way the feds are going to go for that. There has to be a biological reason for them to be listed. And, if coyotes are listed, then they have to actively try to boost their populations so they can be unlisted. What does that look like?!

This groups time would have been better spent advocating against wolf reintroduction in Colorado because it is very likely that those bigger wolves will be tough on the smaller Mexican wolf. This is all very silly.

Here’s an alternative. In NM, and likely other states too, to hunt cougar you need to pass a quiz. This enhancement is then added to your G&F profile which opens the ability to buy that license. State says the point of this exercise is to keep people from accidentally shooting non-target game and cats when regional quotas are met. Open a coyote quiz, require all licensees to take said quiz, done.

NM is full of liberals. If they do this to coyote hunting in NM what’s next, elk resemble deer (4 legged and brown fur) so no elk hunting ? Don’t put it past them! They are after hunting and guns. NM is full of coyotes, if they ban hunting them the government will be the ones doing all the coyote hunting.

Some of the groups pushing this proposed ban are not even from NM. Western watershed alliance attorney is tuscon AZ based . New Mexicans let's not allow outside organizations decide management for us. Agree with a previous post. There is no biological reason to list them yotes endangered. ESA is not intended for cases like this.

I want the Jaguars back.

But the half dogs are BS. IMHO
Here FiFi....
Why Save the Jaguar?

Ohh, this topic got me going, really rang the bell of my curiosity and personal interests

I am busy today but will pursue this topic fully later and post more

One of the things I learned so far was that of all the different wolf subspecies, The Mexican Wolf is the very least likely to mate with coyotes.

https://mexicanwolves.org/

://theconversation.com/why-killing-coyotes-doesnt-make-livestock-safer-75684

It is all part of the long game, to get us nasty hunters out of the woods and have the utopia where there are no evil guns in the forest, all the animals eat grass, and the people smoke it.

David
NM

Back