Nice hooks for our mountain birds

Wally Dog

We put the smackdown on 2 elderly residents of the Clearwater country outta the "silo" at 0600 5/10. Another special morning in the turkey woods...gobblers going off all around us. I finally coaxed 3 longbeards to come a runnin to lay a whooping on my 2 jake decoys seemingly ignoring "Elrod" my newly created full strutter. 1,2,3, bang-ang. Photos and elation followed.
p5101110.jpg

p5090420.jpg

p5090409.jpg

p5101116.jpg

Nice looking ID birds, congrats. Definitely above average spurs for birds in that country.

Wally did you build that blind yourslef?? Nice Birds for sure!! spend any time on the Teats property this year ??

Muley,
No I didn't build the blind, my friend in MO makes them.
thanks. Don't know who the Teats are. So I guess not.
WD

Muley Crazy, I was up to the teats ranch couple weeks ago for a wedding, looked like awesome turkey country, bear, whitetail, whatever!

My bad Wally, last year I saw some pics you posted, you were standing by an old log cabin that I thought was on some property that I hunt up that way. I like the blind's your buddy make's any info picking one up? looks like a long bow would work well in one

Muley,
I know the place your speaking of. A timber company i do business with owns it now and I did hunt it last spring. They are doing some survey work just inside the old gate location I guess and intend to move the gate to the new line and lock it.
I'll check on whether my friend has any blinds in inventory. Yes a longbow would work, that's what he designed it for.
WD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back