Nice bear "Hum-V" (pics)

Moosie

Grand poopa
OK, No pics untill the Morning, But I let a Nice bear Walk another night this evening. It was probably the 2nd best bear I'd of ever taken (Which really isn't saying much unfortunately... :( ) but I let him walk..... |oo

My Cousin from Switzerland is Visiting and I decided to take her up tonight since she never been out bear hunting before. I showed her how Moosie get's it done. It was the First time I've been able to hunt but getting to the Bait site it was Licked CLEAN !!! The 4' hole was Empty. It was 4' dia hole filled and overflowing by 2' high. You guys seen the pictures of the Baits we run and know we don't just put out a Little can of tuna...... :p There was Scat and paw marks and fresh ones to boot. Our Trail camera was empty and we had 99 hits on it to boot. We're coming off a 3 day rain. I would have laid a Thousand Bucks Something was gunna come in.... And 1 hour later it did.

I motioned to Manu that a Bear was Coming. We worked out some Hand signals before. I gave her the One finger for the Bear and the cover your face with the hood. I had the Rifle and my Camcorder with me. The Camcorder was on a Tripod in front of me on the Tree stand and when Hum-V popped up over the little finger draw out of the bushes to My left I knew I should shoot...... That being said, I turned on the Camera and Video taped it. It was a Nice Brown color with a Distinct "V" (Hence it's name) smack dab in the Chest. It even Stopped and Sat down to give me a target and Show off it's Necklace "V". There were no Rub marks and It's front end was as Wide as it's back. Grant it, I'm guessing it didn't go to high in weight But it was Just a Fetchin Nice bear. I'll let the Bear experts tell me the Wieght in the AM. MAybe it did wiegh a bit more, but I'm telling myself it was only a 50# bear not to be upset for not pulling the trigger. Everyone should agree with me please ;)

I left it up there for my hunting buddies since I won't be able to get back out for 2 weeks. I made sure I called Wylee and Gunner late to wake um up jsut to get them excited so they couldn't sleep the rest of the night ;) Hopefully We'll get to put him on a Pack frame soon..... If they don't git it done, I'll be back up there every night till it's mine.

I got video that I'll upload in the AM.

I gave her the One finger

cover your face with the hood

Boy Moosie, you sure are a good cousin or whatever. Is that how they do it in Switzerland? Sounds like there was a lot of fun had by all. Good luck on the bear hunt..............

Sweet dude. I can't believe you didn't shoot. Oh well Gunner or Wiley will have it packed and stacked by the time you get home. Post some pics from your trail cam when you can.

Later,

I had to let one walk last night also. That blonde bear came in but waited until right at dark. He was at 18 yards for about 4 minutes but never gave me a shot before he spun around and walked back up. He was real nervous and never even ate anything. Our other bait was tore up too. Barrel torn away from the tree. We are going to go sit that one tonight. Crossing my fingers!!

Were are the friggin pictures, you sleep stealing S.O.B. Had me awake half the night trying to figure out how to get up there sooner than next Wednesday night.

Someone was Busy at the Doctors this morning doing ultra sounds.....

Thats another story.... ;) Chris, Wanna Switch ....:eek:

Alright, After looking at the Bear I'm glad I passed it up. Video in a Min.

Hum_v.jpg

Hum_v3.jpg

You can Almost see the V in this pcture ?

Hum_v2.jpg

That second picture makes it look like you can see all his ribs. Are you sure we are feeding them enough??? Gato hasn't been putting them thru the aerobics in front of his dawgs has he?

Moosie, congrats, don't worry the fifth time is the charm, hump and screw you, :MAD I won't need to switch, fuggrrrr..... :BLEEP:

Oh and I would have packed that boy out last night if it had been me. :D

Its possible the bear I ran sunday up in New Meadows ended up down there at the rate it was going :D I never knew it was possible to innerbred thourghbreds with bears :D :D

Our bait is in New Medows Valley next to Ol' Johns place. If you turn By Termite Road and drive 3.4 miles to the "STUMP" on the side of the roadpark your Hound truck and Head N.E. , See if you can tree it for us... If you get thanx.

Ribs ? I think you're right, So you better not even waste your time. Enough food ? you helped pack in, You tell me :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back