NFL Draft Predictions - a pointless game, but at least it has a $$ prize for the winner

To @VikingsGuy point, A lot of teams think, "he does this poorly but we can fix that." I can't think of situation where a QB flaw was fixed. Maybe there is an example?
Many many examples, but let's start at the top. Coming out of college both Mahomes and Allen had concerns about footwork and turnover worthy plays propensity. Both improved footwork and reduced dumb throws working with good coaching staffs.

The fact Lamar went from that to MVP Lamar is more on Lamar than the what the Ravens did schematically or personnel wise.
Agreed that Lamar has made strides as a passer and trusting the pocket but the Ravens have also built their entire team identity around his skill set. From elite special teams field position control and best FG kicker in history, to elite defense, to averaging 200 yards a game rushing. Have to hand it to them as they have truly done everything in their power to maximize their QB's potential. More organizations should do the same. They even incorporate a 311 pound fullback all day just to make days longer on defenses lol

1-Bears: Caleb Williams

2-Commanders: Jaden Daniel’s

3-Vikings: Drake Maye (trade)

4-Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr

5-Chargers: Joe Alt

6-Giants: Malik Nabers

7-Bills: Rome Odunze (trade)

8-Broncos: JJ McCarthy (trade)

9-Bears: Ole Fashanu

10-Jets: Brock Bowers

No defensive selections in first 10 and 3 big trades. Only 3 QBs

Last edited:
No list here, but I predict the Vikings foolishly mortgage away their next 3 years of draft stock in an aggressive trade to pick the #4 (or even #3 🙄) QB of the draft, when they could have just taken advantage of the once-in-a-decade deep QB draft, and casually drafted Penix at 11, or even trade down a couple spots and nab Nix. Both a bargain at their respective places on the draft board, and preserve future draft capital along the way.

Like a true Vikings fan, “nothing ventured, nothing gained”.

1-Bears: Caleb Williams

2-Commanders: Jaden Daniel’s

3-Vikings: Drake Maye (trade)

4-Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr

5-Chargers: Joe Alt

6-Giants: Malik Nabers

7-Bills: Rome Odunze (trade)

8-Broncos: JJ McCarthy (trade)

9-Bears: Ole Fashanu

10-Jets: Brock Bowers

No defensive selections in first 10 and 3 big trades. Only 3 QBs
As commissioner of my own contest I am allowing this late submission. But the picks are printed out and no more will be considered.

Many many examples, but let's start at the top. Coming out of college both Mahomes and Allen had concerns about footwork and turnover worthy plays propensity. Both improved footwork and reduced dumb throws working with good coaching staffs.
I guess I should have been more detailed. I was thinking a QB that struggled one place for a few years and then went/traded to another and excelled. Every guy coming out of college has weaknesses. If they can be fixed, the team that drafts them typically does it. Although I would argue Magomes footwork hasn’t been “fixed”, it just doesn’t affect his performance.

Last edited:
I guess I should have been more detailed. I was thinking a QB that struggled one place for a few years and then went/traded to another and excelled. Every guy coming out of college has weaknesses. If they can be fixed, the team that drafts them typically does it. Although I would argue Magomes footwork hasn’t been “fixed”, it just doesn’t affect his performance.
I agree - some qbs had success after switching (ie, Manning, Brees, Stafford etc) but they were successes before switching. It seems like either you can process at the NFL level speed and complexity or you can't.

What's the verdict, VG? Did the trading up 1 spot make any sense at all? I did not hear what it cost. Seems dumber than a box o' rocks to me.

Is Mr Initials worthy? Color me green, but swapping a Spartan for a Wolverine is always a big downgrade.

Penix Jr was a surprise to the Falcons, but then it made me think of Vick. Hindsight's 20/20. Most folks had top 10 in picks. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

What's the verdict, VG? Did the trading up 1 spot make any sense at all? I did not hear what it cost. Seems dumber than a box o' rocks to me.

Is Mr Initials worthy? Color me green, but swapping a Spartan for a Wolverine is always a big downgrade.
Only thing that I could think of was Denver tried to trade up to that spot and Vikings really wanted JJ and they had more draft capital.

Only thing that I could think of was Denver tried to trade up to that spot and Vikings really wanted JJ and they had more draft capital.
Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. It wasn't about the Jet's pick, but someone else jumping in. Cool.

What did it cost them? I didn't hear that yet.

Still, a Wolverine.... damn.

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. It wasn't about the Jet's pick, but someone else jumping in. Cool.

What did it cost them? I didn't hear that yet.

Still, a Wolverine....
gave up 11, 129, 157 for 10 and 203. Vikings have a lot of picks this draft.

Back