MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Next years gun prep!

HandgunHunter

Finally had some time to work on my own stuff this past weekend.

2019 the 7-30 did well on my mule deer and elk but I wanted just a touch more bore size.

This is an older original contender with a TC custom shop barrel. I just added a 4 port brake. The forend is from a guy on EBay and they come pillar bedded.

Caliber is 30-30ai. Barrel length is 12”. Trigger pull is right at 10 ounces. The brake should make this a pussy cat to shoot.

Just waiting on my custom shop leupold 4x with CDS to show up!

Come on 2020 season!

0C9A68EC-40C0-4866-9D91-A4F428C6B66A.jpeg

Sweet looking TC. What is the velocity differences between the 30-30 and the 30-30ai?

Sweet looking TC. What is the velocity differences between the 30-30 and the 30-30ai?

200 to almost 400. The 30-30ai gains quite a bit. When it goes to ai it drastically changes the case from the heavy taper to strait plus pushes the shoulder forward.

Obviously more velocity increase with the lighter bullets vs the heavier. The 125 nosler will be used in this one.

Heck, and here i thought i was doing good with a new Sightron 4-12X40 Field Target scope and re bedding on the Savage 111 in 7mm Rem Mag.
Still saving up for the barrel on my Daughters Mauser build that i'm doing.
I wanted to get that on before i cut/bend/weld the bolt handle and inlet the stock for it.

Beautiful!

10oz! Nice. Make sure to let friends know before letting them shoot it. Surprise!!!

My Tikka is 14oz and I don’t put my finger anywhere close to the trigger until I am on target.

Beautiful!

10oz! Nice. Make sure to let friends know before letting them shoot it. Surprise!!!

My Tikka is 14oz and I don’t put my finger anywhere close to the trigger until I am on target.

Ones who find their way to the range with me should be well aware....even my hunting wheelguns have a single action pull under a pound 😁

Kinda nice having the ability to make or modify whatever🤩

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back