Newbies first deer hunt

Popcan

Well I'm back from my first mule deer hunt, and I gotta say it was tough. I had studied the odds and stats before I went and had a feeling I was going to see more people than deer and I was right. The success rate for my units were around 30% and the tag allotment was high. Come to find out there were at least 3 guides in the area as well. All that said I was able to find an area no people around. Problem is, no deer either lol. In 5 days of hunting I saw 4 does, 0 bucks. It was also really hot during the day and a bright moon at night. I did learn quite bit though mostly the hard way lol. All in all it was a really tough hunt but I'll be back at it next year. I definitely need some different gear, and maybe a different unit but I'll try again for sure. I do want to thank you folks for the advise you guys had givin me prior to the hunt, so thanks for that.

Way to go!! Success isn't always taking an animal. Sometimes it's just unplugging from the world for a week and beers around the campfire and watching the sunsets and sunrises. The deer will come in time.

Way to go!! Success isn't always taking an animal. Sometimes it's just unplugging from the world for a week and beers around the campfire and watching the sunsets and sunrises. The deer will come in time.

im with Cushman, just being out there with the animals and putting in your time is all part of it, stay mentally positive, work hard and enjoy the journey and just being in the woods with a tag and the chance to harvest animal , every time out you can learn something and in the end it will all come together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back