Caribou Gear

New toys

Brandenbowhunter

New tightspot quiver on my new Strother Moxie
Love the new bow...quiver is great as always...
tightspotcarbon.jpg

Moxie4.jpg

Moxie.jpg

Moxie3.jpg

Moxieready.jpg

Nice looking set up! What do you do with your "Old scrap" bows? Most would be pumped to have your old set up.

I may have to try the Tight Spot...my Octane is really heavy and cumbersome. How compatible is the Tight Spot do you think?

This would be a good chance for you to maybe explain why you like Strother bows, a company maybe some folks are unfamiliar with here out West.I would find some intuitive feedback about the product more interesting than "here is this years new bow".Nice looking toy,by the way.

I may have to try the Tight Spot...my Octane is really heavy and cumbersome. How compatible is the Tight Spot do you think?

Depends...there are a few sights that have problems with it...mainly the ones with a dial for moving you rover pins..if you shoot a fixed sight..it is fine...very light, tight, and quiet.

This would be a good chance for you to maybe explain why you like Strother bows, a company maybe some folks are unfamiliar with here out West.I would find some intuitive feedback about the product more interesting than "here is this years new bow".Nice looking toy,by the way.

It is a new company, they make great bows...and I shoot for them...
The bows are smooth, quiet, fast, yet shock free....
I get a little imput too...which is great...this new bow is 37 1/2" long ATA...has a 7 3/8" BH
and 332 fps IBO..very forgiving and accurate...
www.strotherarchery.com

I liked the look of this bow .I've been wondering how long it would take for companies to reverse the trend of shorter and shorter bows.i never considered a longer axle length to be that much of an inconvenience.Nice to see another option.

If you want to shoot it Hem...I shoot every Friday at either Big Sky or Yellowstone GW...let me know...I would be happy to let you shoot it and tell you about the line..

Thanks for offer Branden.I would like to hear your schtik on these bows and run a few arrows.No rush on my end,need to to sell some gear to buy some gear.You know anybody interested in a Switchback XT- w/ Rip Cord and Black gold sight in great condition let me know.Might also let a stainless 357 Blackhawk go for a new bow purchase.:mad:

You shoot "for" them?? What does that mean?

Looks like a nice set up! You've shot them all I'm sure, how does it compare to the Maxxis or the Matrix?

Um...faster...and just as smooth at the Hoyts...they are still quiet...they have a binary cam design as apposed to hoyt's Cam and a half hybrid...which can be tough to tune..the original Strother's had hybrid cams too..they shot great once tuned..but could be a headache...binary tend to be much easier to tune and faster too...and still have a smooth draw with a rock solid back wall...Bowtechs have binary, as well as Elite, High Country, G5...my favorite of the cam systems offered...

Looked it up, about 3 hours away is the nearest shop that has them. Western Colorado is an archery shop desert. What does the Moxie usually retail around? PM if needed. Hunting bows have gotten shorter over the years but target bows never did, I wonder why?

By the way I have a first run Ross, they are not going to do the same thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back