Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New Normal for Truck Warranty Service

Warranties, now days with the vast array of electrical components, are vital for new vehicles, it seems. We continue with our own warranty for around 200k miles - bumper to bumper. Too many darn electrical components.

Feel for you, Ken. Tack that with the no drivers license incident and, OUCH!

Our warranty experiences: it's as @Bambistew relayed. A lack of "mechanics" along with, at the time - Sept 2020, lack of electrical components.

Its a cattle chute operated by modeled metrics.

This is something that I could really get on on soapbox about

Makes me long for the era of green Z71s. Of course I was like six then bust still
I bought one of the last of the full sized manual transmission trucks. I do a lot of the maintenance myself: ball joints, suspension, oil, brakes, front axles, ujoints ect. I have not had any "major" warranty issues due to the limited electronics on the manual work truck model.

Had to delete the emissions because alaska cold was burning up def pumps. Hopefully the truck lasts 500+k. I won't get another diesel unless the epa gets neutered.

The problem is the wrench turner now needs to have electrical engineering degree just to figure out what's wrong. Then the parts are on a container ship doing 1,000 mile circles in the Pacific.

The problem is the wrench turner now needs to have electrical engineering degree just to figure out what's wrong. Then the parts are on a container ship doing 1,000 mile circles in the Pacific.
Large dealership...GM, Mercedes, BMW, Hyundai...one master GM tech & a tree of wrenches under him. Only took a week to get the motor once they committed to doing it right and prioritizing. They have over 150 dealerships, apparently a little pull with GM parts.

We had our fleet manager do an assessment of the three brands of vehicles we have in the fleet, looking total repair cost and service down downtime with the dealers we had available to use. GM was far and away the worst of the three.
I excluded myself from adding input to the draft and any recommendations because I am very anti GM from own past ownership of their products. I was awarded a judgement that was added and settled their 2009 bankruptcy. I will never personally own another GM product, nor will own any share of the company in equities nor shares in any fund that they are included in.

I really believe we need serious an overhaul of the consumer protection laws in this country. And as long as we have lobbyists/ industry funded parties that isn’t going to happen.

We had our fleet manager do an assessment of the three brands of vehicles we have in the fleet, looking total repair cost and service down downtime with the dealers we had available to use. GM was far and away the worst of the three.
Our fleet used to be exclusively Ford. We went to Chevrolet in 2014 and our maintenance and repair costs have gone through the roof. As of 2022 we are now back to Ford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back