New Mulie Mount Completed

Buschy

In 2008, my good friend Kirby shot his first mulie buck with me in the Badlands. Here are the before pics.

Kirby Rifle 1.jpg
Kirby Greg.jpg

I just finished the mount for him last night and want your feedback. I will say upfront I am not looking for praise. I am a self taught taxidermist and just like putting the animals back together. The last time I posted pictures of a mount I got some great feedback which definatly helped me improve quality. Here is the final product.

IMG_0042.jpg
IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0057.jpg

Tell me what you like or dislike. I have thick skin and I promise you won't hurt my feelings. If I could sit through five days of listening to Big Fin and Photo Fin grouse about the beautiful December weather in ND, lack of big bucks and my "too cool for school" sparkly Michael Jackson Gloves, I can take whatever you've got to throw at me!! :D:D Maybe hunting with BF and PF wasn't that bad. They are both mildly humorous and you haven't lived till you've listened to BF's extensive collection of Roy D. Mercer tapes.

Last edited:
I think it looks great. The pictures of the deer make him look much thicker in the neck and face than what is depicted with the mount. Was that the case or do pictures also add 10-15lbs on deer?

mdunc8,

I agree with you. Kirby shot the buck in the face/neck at 80 yards with a 7mm and absolutely destroyed the cape. He was a bit excited. We got a cape for free from another friend. After the new cape was tanned, I stretched it as much as I could and put it on a bigger form. It still doesn't look like the picture though. Maybe this will be some added incentive for Kirby to take a few breaths before he pulls the trigger next time!;)

Just to be clear, your other good friend Kirby is a face-shooter, not this one:)

Almost all of my crappy shots end with a shattered carbon arrow.

Looks good. The front corner of the top eyelid could be a little more pronounced then flatten as it goes back to the back corner. The rounding of the bottom eyelid could be moved toward the back of the eye a little. One of the best ways I've found to get a reference for this is to order some Synchron-Eyes capsules from Van Dykes. Put a set of eyes in them and use it for reference. You can use them in you mount if you would like, just depends on if you like them or not. The ear butts look to small in girth, not length. What kind of earlinear did you use? I like the inner nose to have some flesh color left in it. From the pics it looks like yours are completely black? What does the nose pad look like? Can't see from the pics. Overall mount looks good.

Back