Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Mex. 51?

dtrkyman

I have purchased a landowner tag good for the entire unit, I am living in Santa Fe for the summer and will be in the unit often, anyone with any info would be appreciated.

Thats one of my favorite units. Good pick. Not alot of big bulls in that unit, but there is alot of elk! Send me a PM and I can get you started.

I also have a landowner tag for 51, I will be hunting with an outfitter. I took a motorcycle trip out there to look it over. Looks like a nice area but didn't see any elk. My outfitter said we will be seeing elk. My hunt starts about Oct. 5th but I am going out a couple of weeks early so I can get use to the thin air. Good luck.

I have purchased a landowner tag good for the entire unit, I am living in Santa Fe for the summer and will be in the unit often, anyone with any info would be appreciated.

What Weapon and season? I drew a 1st archery tag in there. If you don't mind sharing...how much did you pay for the LO tag?

What Weapon and season? I drew a 1st archery tag in there. If you don't mind sharing...how much did you pay for the LO tag?

I bought a LO tag for the 1st season also. Price will be around $1,300. I have a buddy that's a guide in a different unit that drew that tag and so I picked up the LO tag to go ahead and hunt with him. He lives nearby though and is familiar with the unit, but it'll be my first time up there.

Anybody have any pictures of the area or any harvest pics of representative bulls? Just trying to get a feel for the animals in the area. I know they aren't as big as down in the Gila, but I'm curious how common a 300" bull is in 51.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back