New guy from MN

Timberhawk

Hi everyone! I've been a fan of Randy's shows for years which drew me here a while ago. I've been a lurker long enough now so I figured I'd jump in and contribute.

I've been a hunter/fisherman/general outdoorsman most of my life, but it's all been on flat land (Iowa & Minnesota). I have the itch to get out west, but that's being put off for a bit as my dad and I are planning a fly-in caribou hunt in Alaska in the fall of 2015.

I've already pulled a lot of good info off of this site for the Alaska hunt, but if anyone has any additional recommendations or outfitters/air taxi's to look in to, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Flatlanders unite! Welcome. (And please remember that Kansas is not the flattest state in the union...I'm looking at you Florida!)

Welcome from just south of you in Mankato. I too have the itch to get out west for some hunting. I hope to in the next couple of years.

I used 40 mile air for my diy hunt for caribou last year with another hunt talker.I would highly recommend them.maybe I'll see you there next year as I'm going back for a moose nxt year.Make sure you call the day the open for bookings or you'll be looking elsewhere.In other words they book fast
another tip, bring a packable fishing rod.I wish I did as I camped on a beautiful stream that just had to be full of char and grayling.Saw a few small char in the overflow puddles so I could only imagine how many were in the main stream.Be prepared to have a few grizzly visit you too.They love to stop by when your making dinner.Its a great adventure and you will love every minute of it

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malaskabound20032000@yaho
Back