New Duck Mounts

BuzzH

I just got my ducks back that I shot on Kodiak Island last year.

I am really impressed with how well they came out. Probably wont get too many more birds mounted, but if I ever do I will have the same guy do them.

Pair of oldsquaws:

252.JPG

Harlequin:

254.JPG

And finally my favorite...a bufflehead. This bird just has some "attitude" despite being a tiny duck:

255.JPG

They look nice Buzz. I feel as if I am a good critic of big game taxidermy. I don't know much about birds though. What are some things to look for in quality bird taxidermy?

Very sweet Buzz. My Harly is waiting to be picked up in Lewistown, just gotta make time. Love the longtails.

Very Nice, I like the way he took the time to make sure the Bill and Leg work was done correctly. Most are just not up to that level. John

So by saying you jsut got them back... does that direct us to not think you mounted them ? Or did someone else really mount them?

Moosie,

I had someone else do them, those birds are clean, clean, clean mounts...I'd say just shy of competition pieces.

Love the duck mounts,very nicely done.Not a whole lot of people can do ducks much justice but your taxi did.

Real nice!!!! Man, I just love mounted critters, especially kinds like these that you don't see everyday!

Those are awesome mounts. It's always hard to tell from a picture but they do look tip top sharp !!!! I didn't get any OldSquaws but I'm excited to see mine coming back soon. I've been going over every couple of weeks taking pictures and the Process has taken place.

What does a Great taxidermist like that charge per bird ?

Very nice mounts and an excellent yob by your taxidermist! Obviously a guy who loves to do birds as does mine!
Hope to hunt the Sea Ducks someday....sheit, I am getting old, gotta be soon!!

If I only mount one duck in my life, it will be a drake Harley. Just wish I knew where I could shoot one.

Very nice mounts Buzz.

Is it just me, or does the Hunttalk gang really have above average taxidermy collections? Yup, way above average.

Back