New duck addicts created

Dana

We had quite a nice snow storm (as bad as they get here, which isnt really THAT bad) yesterday. I took out a client, his Dad and son on their first ever duck hunt. Poor kid couldnt scratch a duck although shooting through a box of shells, but the Grandpa, my client and I whacked em pretty good. With very little open water and heavy snow falling, they wanted in our hole bad. We ended the day with 17 ducks and the beginning of 3 new duck hunting addictions. Very satisfying day introducing 3 generations to our sport.

Awesome! I feel bad for the new shooters. When that happens to me, I let them land and give the kids a chance to get on the bird.

Last edited:
wingman1, we did let some land, and the kid still couldnt hit em.... dang!

Tom in TN, yeah, I had a gun and shot my share. Im not a guide or anything like that, I was just taking out some firsttimers.

Tom, Lol....fortunately for them, I'm pretty sure they can afford it! But I hear what you're saying, it gets pricey...

Tell me about it!!!
I have owned a 16 ft flat bottom boat with a 80HP Merc outfitted for duck hunting here on TN river---sold for half of what I had in in it to keep me from shooting some azz hole duck hunters who set up within 75 yds of me, been half owner of an airboat for LA marshes (we sold it to surveying company with provo we could use it during duck season----best deal we ever made), got a lease in SEMO, in a duck Club in AR, own or have interest in at least 600 duck decoys, have 36 full body Candas in my garage, 15 doz Snow geese in a farmer friends shed in SK, at least 10K miles a year on my truck traveling for ducks, and then there is the dawg expense....would not sell my current BLM for all the cost above----he's my buddy....if the dummy cud just learn to drive and give me some relief....oh yeah, two layout field blinds, a coffin blind and a layout boat.....At least I convinced buddies to buy the Polaris Ranger and Foreman since I had THE dawg!
Good thing I am now single----oh! wait, that's why I am now single!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back