new boots break in

duckhunt

In the past I always just wear new boots for walks or working around the yard. It seems to take along time to get them broke in. I read on another forum to get new boots wet and walk them dry. I think that would work pretty good. Any other ideas?

Back when we wore the leather combat boots and I got mine issued in Field Med School, we went on a forced march through the swamp and then walked them until they were dry again and they were the best fitting boots I ever owned. Ever since then every pair of boots I've gotten I've soaked wet and worn till they were dry and never had issues. You just have to change your socks a lot and I recommend a sock liner as well. I've been known to wear wet boots to bed and it really pisses my wife off :D

Last edited:
I do as you said, just wear them at the house on weekends. Walk around in the dewy grass in the morning then wear them til noon. I always wear 2 pair of socks so after the second weekend I make sure I have both pairs on as well. What I mean is, I break them in with my heavier socks then use liners also.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back