Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Nevada Elk

lbirch

After a great year last season helping my friend find a NV bull it's my turn. I drew the same tag and I'm in shock because I thought I had a guaranteed elk tag in UT. Oh we'll, guess that will have to wait another year.

With what we learned and saw after 12 days hunting NV last year I have a great opportunity. We hope to find this one bull we saw for about 10 seconds at 1000 yards. We named him stickers because he's a beautiful 6x6 bull with a sticker on his left beam between his 5th and 6th pt. He should be pushing 400 this year if he's still alive. We hope to find him on one of the scouting trips this summer. Or maybe we'll find this other bull we watched for 20 minutes. He was a solid 380 class bull but we passed since he busted his main beam off between the 2nd and 3rd pts. I might not be able to pass on him broken points or not.

There were 3 or 4 other solid contenders and being 1 year older just might make a big difference.

Wish me luck.

Lucky dog,,,,how many points did it take??? I'll have 10 next year, so I hope to be getting close????

Good luck!! What unit did you draw? I drew 072-074 and I have no idea what to expect. I was with my brother in law in area 6 for his bull last year and just pray to see the quality bulls that we had seen. Good luck and I can't wait to see stickers or his buddies!! :)

I drew Area 13 with 9 points two years ago and the wife drew this year with 11. The elk densities are lower than most of the other units since NDOW didn't do any releases in this unit group, they just drifted in on their own. Not as many big bulls either, but there are some good ones to be had with a lot of hard work.

I drew with 9 points. It's a wilderness area with few roads and a 3 mile hike in the dark, uphill, just to start glassing. This year we may pack in but the weather can turn and be cold. The first half of the hunt last year was at or near 5 degrees. Can't worry about that now. Going to CrossFit trying to get in shape for whatever.

Last edited:
Congrats on the tag. . A buddy from Phoenix drew 1 2 years ago. Killed a 345ish Bull If I remember rite. Not as big as he wanted. Good luck to You.,......BOB!

Its the super secret Nevada wilderness unit. With little roads and lots of hiking.

BTW what unit is it. I will be in 072-074 late rifle in November with my buddy for his bull elk tag.

huntbux,
Must be top secret!! My favorite unit has lots of roads and we still hiked six miles the first day. Good luck to all. Aim small miss small.

Stickers 3 weeks ago. Picture was taken at about 1 mile away through my Vortex Razor HD 20-60x85 using the Meopta iphone adaptor. I blew it up a bit but you can definitely see the sticker between his 5th and 6th on his left side. His mass is awesome this year.

stickers.jpg

If any of you guys have an area 22 blackpowder or rifle tag I can give you sone direction.

Some interesting habit that those elk are living in for Nevada. Not used to seeing elk in grassy areas in Nevada.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back