need help with On X Map chip

bb1379

I just purchased the WY chip from onxmap. I have a garmin 60csx unit. when I first plugged the chip in it worked great. however, I replaced the batteries and turned the unit back on and now cannot view the map. actually I have 2 60csx units and neither one will recognize the chip. my computer displays the chip fine using basecamp. it shows all the detail on the chip regarding public and private. I've contacted onxmap and they are sending me another chip. in jacking with the gps I have since got it to recognize the chip once more, but when I turned the unit back on it didn't recognize the chip. these gps units work fine other than with this WY chip. any ideas?

Little strip of tape on the top side of the sd card so the clamp will push it down onto the contacts a little harder.

If it's reading on the computer the chip is fine. It should work just as easy in those GPS units. I'm guessing the locking tab is not closing properly,sometimes inserting batteries can accidentally make it pop open and you can't tell. Make sure that chip is in their secure, tape might be another option. Also go to your map menu, and then the "i" option for information to view the maps on the GPS. Make sure you don't have WY disabled as well.

Cheers,
Matt

Don't mean for this to sound like a stupid question, but are you making sure to slide the clip card holder up to lock the card in place? I have had mine come unlocked and stop reading in the past.

Edit: Matt beat me to it.

ive tried it all. this morning in put the chip in, turned the gps on and could see that gps is reading the chip. next I turned the gps off and then back on, now it wont read it. whats the odds its a problem with 2 gps units? I plugged the unit in to the computer and powered it up with the power cord. press on the chip and still wont read. I can put in my regular map chip in and the gps reads it just fine.

i can even go under system>card info and it shows map space 0, tracks 0, misc space 1871.3 mb. this tells me that its reading something. I'm not much of an electronic gadget guru. thanks for the advice though.

I didn't realize you had a 2 gig sd card. I don't use 2 gig sd cards. I have 20 of them laying here and every one of them will take a map, it will read in the gps, then the gps stop reading it the next time i turn on the gps. Info will say zero map tiles in one map. Frustrating as hell. I've formatted the cards 6 ways from sunday, write protect, etc to no avail. After it stops reading in the gps I can copy it to an 8 gig card and the gps will read it from the new card just fine.

I use 8 gig sd cards regardless of map size now. I think it's a gps issue personally.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back