Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Need Help on a Paper for Hunting Conservation

WV Hunter

I am doing a paper on the benefits of Hunting Conservation and arguing that hunters provide more benefits than anti-hunting organizations. I need to compile several academic sources for my citations. There may be a few of you here that have actually written acadamic papers on this or a similar subject and I was hoping you guys could provide some directions to credible sources. I've had a few decent hits on academic search in a few online libraries but many of the topics have to do with Africa and different types of conservation. I'd like to narrow it in to North America or more local if possible.

If I can't find the sources I need I may change my topic to argue the public land narrative. I'm sure some of you fighters could help me on that if you feel so inclined.

I appreciate any help.

Contact RMEF. They will be able to point you to the academic sources for their info. Also contact your Fish and Game biologists. They will have access to those scientific journals we public don't.

Also pick up a copy of The Politically Incorrect Guide to Hunting. It will have some of those stats you need.

Also MTFWP has a book Montana's Wildlife Legacy that talks about how we brought species back from near extirpation. All of that was funded with hunting dollars.

On top of RMEF, I would contact all of the major organizations...MDF, DU, and NWTF can tell you how turkeys were brought back from near extinction from hunter dollars.

Thanks for the clarification. Both are very informative.
Absolutley. When I teach hunter ed I make sure to bring it and pass it around. Hard for kids or adults even to think that we almost lost antelope and elk and deer when we see so many around. It starts that thought process of "hunting is conservation" very early.

Thanks everybody. With your help and the few others I've found I should be able to put this together. I hate annotated bibliographies......

Thanks everybody. With your help and the few others I've found I should be able to put this together. I hate annotated bibliographies......
Following a works cited paper trail and getting good at it is a very valuable skill for research. Just be glad you don't have to run down hardcopies like I did... ;)

If you can, please share the paper once you have it completed. We all could probably benefit from it, I know I would.

Dig into how much organizations like PITA actually contribute to wildlife. Here is a hint: virtually 0.

Also, the unequivocal success of the Pittman Robertson Act is a great foundation to build off of when discussing this.

Dig into how much organizations like PITA actually contribute to wildlife. Here is a hint: virtually 0.

Also, the unequivocal success of the Pittman Robertson Act is a great foundation to build off of when discussing this.

What is most amazing about the PR Act is when you really consider the time and historical context of the act's inception. Very little wildlife, coming off the Great Depression, etc.

What is most amazing about the PR Act is when you really consider the time and historical context of the act's inception. Very little wildlife, coming off the Great Depression, etc.
This!! Though it's for fish, the Dingell-Johnson Act is another one you could work into the paper.

This is pretty much my slant on the paper.

FYI, it is for a college course. After 22 years of working and raising kids (Still doing that) I've decided to finish up the last 30 hours of my degree. Probably take me another 3 years....

Thanks again. Keep up the suggestions. I need to do 10 annotated bibliographies on my paper by Sunday night and 6 of them have to be acadamic type sources.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back