MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

ND Pheasant Season

Wapiti23

I was told by a buddy today that the North Dakota pheasant season was canceled this year due to the wet cold winter. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Looked around for a few on the ND Fish and Game website and some of the sites that have a lot of ND'ers and didn't see anything mentioning that...

Antelope season was cancelled but I have heard nothing about pheasant. I couldn't imagine pheasant seasone being closed. Maybe your freind was confused?

I have not heard anything about pheasant season being closed. There are LOTS of birds around this year and they had a very good hatch around here based on the number of young birds I have seen.

I would be surprised if it was cancelled. I was up at the end of June and in the pocket I was in there were plenty of birds.

In most places the winter was not that bad on the birds especially when you figure in the thousands of acres that still had corn standing for cover and feed.

Ok he must be mistaken. It would have been the first time that I have heard of that happening. I knew the antegoat season was cancelled but just had to make sure. I wanted to get out and kill a rooster or two this year cause I havnt been able to for a few years.

I know we are not in the same state, but the brood surveys for South Dakota looked very good this year. I believe I heard that this is supposed to be the 4th highest count on record (but I could be mistaken). I would assume that should mean that the birds are doing well in the southern part of ND at the very least.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back