Caribou Gear Tarp

ND 09 pheasants

upper deck

I just returned from 4 days of pheasant hunting in ND. The weather was a fun one to deal with from snow on Thurs. to 75 on Sun. We had a great time and killed a good number of bird even with standing corn fields as far as you could see. Here are a couple pics from the extended weekend.

On Sun morning we had the fun of helping a rancher locate 300 calves that broke through the pen on Sat night. So when your buddy tells you there were cows on main street on the way home from the bar you might want to believe him this time.

Attachments

• Hunt talk 1 pheasant.jpg
    Hunt talk 1 pheasant.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 230
  • hunt talk 2 pheasant.jpg
    hunt talk 2 pheasant.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 229
Dang, that looks to be some darn fun bird hunting. I gotta make a trip out there one of these days.

I would say it is the glory days of bird hunting in ND. The fear is that a bunchof CRP will be taken out in the upcoming years. But there are plenty of birds, public land and willing land owners if you make the effort to ask.

To think I passed up the opportunity to hunt roosters with you that weekend. I need my head examined!!

I will get out there the first few days of November with my brother and chase them around.

Great pics!

Looks like you guy's had a blast! What part of the state did you hunt? I hunted the SW corner last weeken while antelope hunting and we had a four man limit in two hours two days. The birs were spotty and holding tight. Not the numbers of years past but still good hunting. Good luck to you on your next outing.

We were in the South Central part of the state. The birds were tough to come by only because of the standing corn.

Awesome!

I like the looks of that GSP.

I'll be heading back out in a couple weeks, I too am waiting on the crops to get harvested.

I talked to my Dad who farms in South central ND and he said they are not getting any weather to dry anything out. He is very worried about getting the crops off, which is bad for the farmers but good for the winter if you are a pheasant.

Great pics and congrats!! That looks like ALOT of fun. I've got an invite to go over that way next month, but will be in court instead...

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back