Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NCAA basketball 2014/15

kansasdad

Opening night of the regular season tonigh as nearly all of the preseason top 25 teams are in action. Hometown Wichita State university (preseason rank #11) featuring preseason first team All American Fred vanVleet and second teamer Ron Baker seem ready to shine once again. Hope we can keep coach Marshall after this year.

Just watched the Hoosiers. Got a lot of shooters this year, but not much size or experience. I'm afraid it might be another tough Big 10 season..

Just watched the Hoosiers. Got a lot of shooters this year, but not much size or experience. I'm afraid it might be another tough Big 10 season..
I feel that same way. Too bad they couldn't get that Freshman from last year to stay around. I miss the days when the players stayed around for the full 4 years. IMO, that's one reason why Calbert Cheney's scoring record may stay for quite some time. Most able to put up that many points enter the draft after a year or two.

Yup.. It's nice to get those Mr. Basketballs and All-Americans, but by the time they adjust to the college game and start to really be productive they leave. I'd rather have a bunch of solid players with just 1 or 2 of the big name kids sprinkled in, and develop a consistent program, rather than having to build your team around a different "superstar" every year.

I expect some good things from Blackmon this year, but doubt he'll be back next season. Hoping for some big time contributions from Mosquera-Perea and Troy Williams. Yogi will be solid.

KU vs UK part two sure put the rest of the NCAA men's teams on notice. Kansas was completely flummoxed. It was amazing to watch the platoon system of five subs......I mean reloading.....at a time.

Men vs boys this time. I imagine the committee will figure out a way to have them meet somewhere in the tourney.

KU vs UK part two sure put the rest of the NCAA men's teams on notice. Kansas was completely flummoxed. It was amazing to watch the platoon system of five subs......I mean reloading.....at a time.

Men vs boys this time. I imagine the committee will figure out a way to have them meet somewhere in the tourney.

Agreed, the KU vs UK game was nuts! I'm also not real sure how the Hoosiers will fare this year. . .i"m guessing it will be rough . . .

Well we are now two weeks into the season ........how is "your" team doing? Wichita State is now top ten ranked having defeated three 2013 tournament teams. KU youngsters seem to be figuring out how to just play basketball instead of running a play. KState has shown flashes of brilliance wrapped in a fog of average.
Looks like a stellar season for this flatlander.

Back