NatGeo's "Wild Justice" Show

WBouldin

Not sure if any of you caught the premiere of this new National Geographic series last night but it is a great one! Finally someone stepped up to do the game wardens some justice (no pun intended) and give people a taste of what they do to preserve our passion. Unlike most shows it did not have the PETA/ASPCA liberal scope and it was very refreshing to watch. If you did not catch it I suggest you watch on Wed the 1st at 10pm EST and if you did I hope you feel free to leave comments about the show because I think this is a great topic!

I watched one show, it was on the marijuana in the mountains of California. Not bad, but the next show really looked interesting. Bear poaching. I was only able to watch the 1st 15 minutes before I had to go to work. I plan on watching this series a lot.

I dvrd all of them i really like the show doesnt have a ton to do with hunting lots of pot farms and stuff they did check couple guys that had shot a nice bear and looking for some poachers

Parts of the show are actually filmed around here (Shasta & Tehama counties) and I know one of the wardens that gets a little bit of face time on the camera. Pot gardens are a lot of their time these days. Biggest thing you notice is there is a HUGE difference between the bio folks at Cali DFG and their LEO arm. Crazy thing is with all the meth and pot heads how they will often be 1 vs. 10-12 on some of their contacts with back-up like 1-1/2 hours away. Crazy chit there. He also said that a couple of the guys who like to play up the bad-azz roll on the show and make their "presence known" in the community might just end up coming back to a vandalized rig if they come back at all.

Like any job, his peers run the gamete from those who really are trying to make a difference in the wildlife/poaching aspect to a couple of guys who just couldn't make it through the Chippy academy. I do like some of the local hillbillies they interact with...laffin!

I do really like this show but it seems that some of the game wardens are alittle over the top. When the do stop hunters they treat them all like poachers right off the bat. And when they do give some minor infractions they keep saying "Well I'm not going to take your truck or guns" like they really could anyway.

Real deal but can be everything from busting a gall ring to relocating a litter of fox pups to backup for a meth lab...guess it's all in a days work.

I thought tonight's show was pretty good. Looks like they've found themselves some nice young poachers.

Those idiots who stopped to spotlight that deer were just plain stupid.

I do really like this show but it seems that some of the game wardens are alittle over the top. When the do stop hunters they treat them all like poachers right off the bat. And when they do give some minor infractions they keep saying "Well I'm not going to take your truck or guns" like they really could anyway.

Here in Idaho they really can take your truck and guns...it is allowed by law. Most guns are always seized depending on the severity of the charge. Trucks are rarely ever taken because it ends up being more of a headache than what it is worth. The show is pretty good though. For the most part is shows what game wardens really do.

Anyone been watching lately?

Seems like all they do is bust pot farms in the NoCal hills.

Since they shut down all the timber industry in Cali that is what has happened. When I go back home to Eureka I just get depressed, it used be rich in hard workers and work ethic. I f you've ever worked in the woods or in a sawmill you know how hard of work it really is. When I was moving to Colorado we stopped at a vista pull out and some people talked to us and asked where we were from, they said they were moving to Humboldt County because it was easy to get on welfare. I can't remember correctly where they were from but that is jacked up.:W:

Last nights show on the "poachers" was great.

I am amazed on how "light" the penalties seemed to be for some of the offenses that they cite. Maybe just California. Lock them up for a long time or drain the bank account so next time they will think twice. Just my thoughts.

good luck to all
the dog

I have been trying to watch the show the ones i have seen have been pretty good. Its just amazing what some people will try to get away with, even once they have been caught.

Not just Kali....penalties too light everywhere IMHO.

Big Slick, how long ago did you live in Eureka? I grew up in Arcata/McKinleyville before escaping the fog.

...how to spot a meth lab

methlab.jpg

We watch it everytime its on. I do think it is heavy handed and the cops are arrogant but hey we have Palin....:D

My question is is the check stations. I know a multitude of states authorize these (not just cali) but since when does a cop not need proof before they search your vehicle? I think its a violation of your rights since your vehicle is your personnal property and I'm sure the states say its a safety thing, but........

My question is is the check stations. I know a multitude of states authorize these (not just cali) but since when does a cop not need proof before they search your vehicle? I think its a violation of your rights since your vehicle is your personnal property and I'm sure the states say its a safety thing, but........

The moment they ask if you've been hunting and your answer is yes.....or any other indicators that would suggest you were hunting......they have legal authority to check firearms, ammunition, license, tags, etc. If those items are in your vehicle, they can be retrieved and inspected.

Back