NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Mystery Ranch 6500 Test Run

MHMT

I just got the Mystery Ranch 6500 a few weeks ago that I had won in the Bayed Thread. I'd again like to thank BigFin and Mystery Ranch for giving away an awesome prize. I figured I needed an excuse to take the new pack on a test run, so I loaded it up and set out camp and look for a bear. I didn't find any bears, but the pack did great, it felt good and I can easily fit all of my crap into it. I did run into a ton of blue grouse and got a few pictures of them too.

Attachments

• MR6500.jpg
    MR6500.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 692
  • FullPack.jpg
    FullPack.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 980
  • Mnts.jpg
    Mnts.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 653
  • CampFire.jpg
    CampFire.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 672
  • Tent.jpg
    Tent.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 855
  • Grouse1.jpg
    Grouse1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 692
  • Grouse 2.jpg
    Grouse 2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 670
  • Grouse 3.jpg
    Grouse 3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 682
Congrats on the pack. Looks like you had fun and it wasn't even snowing or raining on you.

I have a MR 6500 and wouldn't trade it for anything. Great product! MR packs carry weight so much better than any other pack I have used.

great pictures. What all did you have in the 6500?

Tent, sleeping bag, riffle, ammo, granola bars, mountain house meals, tripod, spotting scope, knife, saw, camera, 2 liter bladder of water, coat, water filter, jetboil stove, first aid, rope, and some other random extras. It was kind of overkill for a one night trip, but I wanted to test it for future longer trips.

great pictures. What all did you have in the 6500?

Hope you didn't have anymore than 30lbs inside of it. Those straps would have been tearing into your shoulders like a rope towing a tractor. :D

I wish I had the digital camo job. Nice pack. I have a 6500 in the black. I use it a lot, and love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back