My Wyoming Pronghorn Trip

Rackmastr

Hey Guys,

Just got home last night from a week down in Wyoming chasing Pronghorns. What a blast. I've been building points for a handful of years now with a friend and his family. We went down with a group of 5 of us and looked at literally hundreds and hundreds of bucks. Every day we passed on some great bucks, and I'd say it would have been easy to fill a tag on a mid 70's antelope.

We ended up having quite a bit of rain for down there, which made things mucky and miserable at times. We searched a ton of the zone, did a pile of glassing, and had some amazing stalks on some great bucks. All 5 of us went home with bucks and we all shot them throughout the week so it was nice to keep busy most days with something!

Here are a few pics.....sorry not much of a story on mine as it was a quick decision made and a quick shot opportunity. He was rounding up his herd while I lay prone on my pack and saw really good mass down low and mass above his prong. A quick 236 yard shot and it was over. He surprised me with his mass at 6 6/8" bases. He's under 13" long but still scores 79 4/8". My goal was 80" and we looked at a TON of very cool respectable bucks....love the mass on this guy and it makes him unique for sure.

Awesome hunt overall!

Congrats on a great buck! Looks like a very fun hunt and some great scenery. You better add that first photo (or one of the others) to Big Fin's Photo Thread.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back