my utah rifle buck

hunter cameron

I got this buck on the opener saturday morning at 8:17 am. It was a cold one , and it snowed a inch also 2 days earlier . I went up to my spot that night . Waited in a saddle I picked to watch for the opener . It had some good shooting lanes. Once light was coming I seen alot of hunters around me . Right at first light for about 15 mins there was no shooting or deer sighted . But then the shooting started . There were shots everywhere . Then I started seing deer around me on ridges They were being kicked up by all the hunters. I then seen some bucks far across the canyon . But was not going to go after them . I decided to stay in my spot . Then 40 mins later in the saddle I was in finally spotted 2 deer trying to sneak by me in the saddle . But they got in a opening in the oak brush . The first came out as a 3 point probably 15" . Then out came my 4 point . I saw him , and made a quick shot as it stepped in the open . Dropped him with a one shot with my 30-06. He was 4x4 with eyeguards 21 1/2 " wide. I was very excited . I also had to drag him out a mile . While I was dragging seen a few other hunters dragging there buck also a very fun mule deer hunt in utah. Its my second buck . Hope you enjoy the pic.

later , hunter cameron

congrats!

looks like you were licking your chops already tasting the wonderful sausage you are having made out of him :D

Back