Caribou Gear

My sons first deer of the season

pdf11026

Not a big deer by any stretch but it will eat just fine! He was hunting on family land and stopped this deer with a mouth bleat and made a great shot with his 20 shooting a federal slug. He chose the slug and shotgun that morning because of the limited field of view where he planned to sit and the thickness of the cover there. He made a good choice!! Very proud dad!

Looks like a heavy deer, how much did it weigh. Awesome job to both of you. I know that when my son gets something, anything at all, im more proud than if I just got a boone and crockett buck. Great job!

Speedgoat, it was pretty heavy for a 1.5 year old spike. It weighed 125, been eating lots of acorns I guess. It's a little swollen from that slug that entered at the front chest and traveled to the opposite hip. Ran about 45 yards or so to the bottom of the steepest hill around and I felt like it weighed 600 lbs by the time we got it to the top. Red carpet type of blood trail though from the good hit from the slug so no complaints from me!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back