My sister's movie

Ithaca 37

Most of you don't know one of my sisters is an actress and Emmy winning writer and director. Her latest movie has just been accepted for Robert Redford's Sundance Movie Festival. Here's the review:

AN UNREASONABLE MAN
U.S.A., 2006, 155 Minutes, color

Director:
Henriette Mantel, Stephen Skrovan

Screenwriter:
Henriette Mantel, Stephen Skrovan

The name Ralph Nader sparks fiery debate among people across the country. To some, he is an icon of rare idealism, while others see him simply as the political spoiler of the last two elections. No matter what you think of the man, the fact remains that he is a tireless crusader.

Hailing from modest means in small-town Connecticut without a family pedigree, Nader rose to prominence during the seventies as a consumer rights' activist. Over his lengthy career, he has impacted the public in countless ways. He has saved thousands of lives by initiating legislation ranging from seat-belt mandates for cars to food safety regulations. This well-documented film recounts his early days going up against General Motors and inspiring young liberal minds, who adopted the name "Nader's Raiders" to help fight unregulated corporations.

This exhaustive and potently charged film by Henriette Mantel and Stephen Skrovan includes well-placed archival footage and newly shot interviews with Nader himself. Numerous extended interviews with former colleagues, supporters, and family members allow the riveting, dramatic story to unfold. An Unreasonable Man skillfully dissects the life and work of an unparalleled human being. The film begs the question, when do we speak for what is right without compromise and when do we surrender one battle for the sake of the war? America, it's your turn to vote.— Lisa Viola

Screenwriters : Henriette Mantel, Stephen Skrovan
Executive Producers : Henriette Mantel, Steve Skrovan
Producer/Production Manager : Kevin O'Donnell
Cinematographer : Mark Raker
Editor : Alexis Provost
Production Assistant : Ellie Knaus
www.imdb.com/title/tt0492499/

Screening Times
Sunday , Jan 22
8:30 PM
Holiday Village Cinema II
UNREA222N
Monday , Jan 23
12:30 PM
Holiday Village Cinema IV
UNREA234D
Wednesday , Jan 25
7:00 PM
Broadway Centre Cinemas VI, SLC
UNREA25BE
Thursday , Jan 26
2:00 PM
Prospector Square Theatre
UNREA26PA
Friday , Jan 27
10:45 PM
Holiday Village Cinema II
UNREA272N
Saturday , Jan 28
3:00 PM
Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, SLC
UNREA28TA

Director(s) Bios
Henriette Mantel
Stephen Skrovan

Good for you Ithica. You should be proud of your sister's accomplishments and recognition.

:cool:

So keep us posted as to when the general public can get a copy at the local rental place, I'll watch it.

WA Hunter, No. Grew up on venison and says she can't stand the taste of it anymore. She knows how to shoot a gun pretty well, though. She used to do a pretty good comedy routine about cleaning her deer rifle. That was when she was on the comedy circuit about 15 years ago. Here's more about her:

http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/filmography.html?p_id=196906&mod=bio

and here's a review of Funny Ladies---Volume Four

Cast & Crew:
Janeane Garofalo, Caroline Rhea, Henriette Mantel, Carrie Snow, Twiggy more »
Synopsis:
The Funny Ladies series collects live standup performances from the world's funniest female comics. This volume features Janeane Garofalo, Twiggy, Carol Montgomery, Caroline Rhea, Nora Lynch, Henriette Mantel, Nancy Parker, and Carrie Snow. more »

MPAA Rating: Not Rated

Runtime: 60 minutes

Genre: Comedies, Comedy, Standup Comedy, Standup Comedians, Comedians/Comediennes, Live Performances

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/funny_ladies_volume_4/

and a little more:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800231181

Oh I totally recognize her from the Brady Bunch Movie. Funny Ladies 4 is at the top of my Netflix queue now. :cool:

MAN, You're sister sounds busy and doing well. I dare to think if My sister was in a movie what kind it would be...... :rolleyes:

( Violins ? ;) )

Well considering the way you and your buddies set things up Mooseman, it damn sure wouldn't be a hunting movie. :rolleyes:

Well considering the way you tell Mom you're so "busy" Mojavechick, I'm surprised you have time to post :D

All I gotta say is, famous last words: "you worry too much, I'll take care of everything"! Obviously. :rolleyes:

You forgot "It will always work out......" And it does, I can Fall in chit and come out smelling like a rose :) MAN, It's funner geting your goat on the net then it is in person :D

Ithaca, That is really neat.....Hey if you hang around her you might get famous... Nice to know us hunttalkers are on the fringe of of "Hollywood"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back