my mule deer

The Hedgehog

Had some luck over the weekend, despite the shirt-sleeve November weather. He took quite a tumble and chipped off 2 of his tines, but he's basically just a big 3 plus eyeguards and a small extra tine. He was estimated at 6-7 years of age at the check station. It was pretty neat to take him above treeline, instead of in the forest or the bottom of some brushy draw. Thankfully he wrapped around a dead snag, or he'd have been hamburger and had no antlers left at all.
KurtDeer2-1.jpg

KurtDeer3.jpg

KurtDeer4.jpg

Last edited:
I hate using the same words... though again, Damn nice muley! Congrats on another fine beaut!

Congrats on another great critter! Awesome high country scenery.

Yea, i hate you too.............looks like the bugger was swelling his neck up. Course by the looks of the country, the only thing it looks he could be breeding would be a nice young nanny:):)

Cool looking buck for sure! Looks like he got he got not only wrapped up but impaled a bit on the snag too. Awesome looking country. Congrats!

He gots da nice bases. Old buck for sure. Did you save the teeth?

Why do you look like a bobble head in the first picture?

Spitz, my guess is the buck saw Lochinvar coming and threw himself on the snag. Very cool old buck.

Nice buck! Way to get that one out of the gene pool . :) All I got for my marathon hike on Sat. was a four point shed. I'd have been happy to cross paths with your buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back