Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

My First Muzzleloader Kill

Just the luck of the draw on the weather with it being only a 7 day hunt. If it was a year with some better weather it would have changed things a lot I am sure. The unit isn't as good as it has been though by all accounts which is depressing because it was one of the best.

My folks live in the unit. I think that winter a couple years ago did more damage than we'd originally thought. We go out there for Thanksgiving every year and get to watch a lot of bucks. Definitely a marked difference in quality last year. But--you got one! That muzzleloader hunt is intriguing to me because they don't give out hundreds of tags like they do for the rifle hunt.

Muzzy options that I am aware of.

Wyoming - There are a few Antelope units that are muzzleloader or handgun only. There is also at least one deer unit that is muzzleloader or archery only. There are also some pieces of property open to public hunting that have weapons restrictions for muzzleloader and archery only.

Kansas has an early muzzleloader season in Sept that can be a lot of fun. Muzzleloader tags are also good during the Dec rifle season.

Nebraska has muzzleloader season all December. Makes for a great hunt for folks who get off work that time of year.

Muzzy options that I am aware of.

Wyoming - There are a few Antelope units that are muzzleloader or handgun only. There is also at least one deer unit that is muzzleloader or archery only. There are also some pieces of property open to public hunting that have weapons restrictions for muzzleloader and archery only.

Kansas has an early muzzleloader season in Sept that can be a lot of fun. Muzzleloader tags are also good during the Dec rifle season.

Nebraska has muzzleloader season all December. Makes for a great hunt for folks who get off work that time of year.

Thanks for the ideas!

Back