Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

My brother's first javelina

That is a stud buck SFC B and the pic of your girl is way cool. If I ever have kids especially a little girl I'd hope they turn out like that. Good stuff.

Thanks for the tip Glass eye, 300 wouldn't be too bad for a commercial grinder if I could split the cost with a friend our two.

That's awesome about your family's hunt and tablefare SFC B!

The average javelina weights about 35 lbs. once you get the head and hide off there's not much to them. I got 7lbs. of chorizo and 7lbs of breakfast sausage from the one I killed in January. So it is alot of time/work for the little bit if meat you get back.

I really need to invest in a grinder so I don't have to pay a butcher anymore.
The chorizo tastes fantastic, my wife even liked it and I prefer it to store bought. I have not tried the breakfast sausage yet, I'll cook some up this weekend.
There's a way to get a grinder in a win-win way with the wife. If she has a KitchenAide counter top mixer, just buy the grinder. They're only about $50. I've had very good luck with mine. Not near as fast as a commercial set up, but I've ran litterally over a ton through mine without a hitch. If she doesn't have one, the convince her you want to get her one and then get the grinder. :D

That is a stud buck SFC B and the pic of your girl is way cool. If I ever have kids especially a little girl I'd hope they turn out like that. Good stuff.

Thanks for the tip Glass eye, 300 wouldn't be too bad for a commercial grinder if I could split the cost with a friend our two.

I aproud of her and her brother. Bot good shooters and great kids. She got a crickett 22(pink of course) for Chistmas. Shot it twice and then the ranch hand in TX asked if she wanted to shoot his AR. She said sure :) First she put about a 1.5 group at 50m and then a 2.5 group at 100m. He offered to let her use it to go hog hunting and she took the sow at about 8-90m (double lung) while sitting on my lap with only abut 10min oflight left.. It was a good evening.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back