Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

My 2005 Bison - Story & Pictures

That is a very cool thing to do. It must be one of the most sought after tags to get a wild bison on a public land tag. Congrats!

Way to go Bill! That sounds like one heck of a lot of work getting that bad boy into managable sized pieces. Just think of doing that with a flint knife!

Congratulations!! Does he taste different than store bought bison? I heard they eat like 50 lbs of grass a day. That's amazing, more to deal with than a moose and an elk? I was thinking they were sort of, inbetween those two?

At least the weather was good!!! You really had to know the borders there, way to go!

It sounds like you have a fine B&C bison there too!! I just looked in the 2001-2003 25th Big Game Awards book. There's only two bison with 16 bases. Yours is going to score well, eh!!!! You should enter it, send it a picture, get a souvenir book to, all that.

Atv is just another great tool when used properly... glad you shared that part... with Buffalo you need lots of help. once again awesome critter.

Don't rightly know Ithaca as I don't archery hunt at all. ;)
Bwana, I think if I was using a flint knife, I would still be there. It seemed liked there was no end to the meat on this thing.
You are absolutely right cj, it is just another tool and when used properly can be a very good tool.
Tom, will look into that and get the official score on it.

Congrats Bill...what a hog that ol' boy is! I'll have to remember your arsenal....45-70 and a Husky....I was thinkin .338 and a Stihl myself :D

Back