Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

My 09 Turkey season

mconway951

I know it is almost a year old but I didnt join till summer and just thought I should post up some pics on the turkey side now.
i went to the black hills for four days with my father in law horrilble weather but first afternoon in I was scouting and hunting in a valley i go to every year. It was one of the best afternoons of hunting I have ever had. I watched a flock of birds feeding in a pasture that is private land for a couple of hours hoping they would cross then watched some whitetails for several hours i had a coyote attempt to eat my decoys twice scared him away then made some kissing sounds and brought him right back. had some nice muledeer bucks feeding bout 50yds away no antlers but big bodies would love to seen in the fall. Then the birds went up in the hills and I thought they had left to roost went to stand up and go to truck when I saw them come back to pasture 1200 yds out sat back down to see where they would roost they got to a spot I always see them head up the hill and didn't they just kept comin hit the fence line to public ground and were at 100yds and closin. The group of about 50 birds came right to me I had hens in the way of the big tom all the way in they started pecking my feet when he cleared them and shot him at 10 steps. My best blackhills bird to date 21lbs and 9in beard 1in spurs.

The next is my Wisc bird I had 1.5 days to hunt got to a spot in the morning never heard a gooble. Went to a bar for luch turned out the bar owned 40 acers and the owner said he saw 4 huge toms every night and said we could hunt that night and the next mornin. I setup on the alfalfa feild that night it was about two feet tall and my decoys head was all that was showing. First yelp and he almost blew his head off gooblein after about 20 min of gooblein every step he took he came into view at 50 yds he goobled for about 5 min never strutted and was gonna turn and go so i droped him. My best bird ever 25.75 lbs 13in beard 1.75 in spurs.
Sorry for the long read my year in a nut shell

Attachments

• 09bhturk.jpg
    09bhturk.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 09bhturk2.jpg
    09bhturk2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 52
  • 09WIturksml.jpg
    09WIturksml.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 56
Dang, you guys are giving me "the fever" and it's still Dec.

WOW ...My best bird ever 25.75 lbs 13in beard 1.75 in spurs. WOW

Sounds like a big Va bird to me. LOL

You sure do hunt some nice looking country. Welcome

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back