Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Musky and Perch Mount

Duck-Slayer

well finally got my mount back, caught this guy out of Lake Cascade on June 1st, 2011, it was 46.5" and 26 lbs, my biggest fish too date, also my biggest perch too date that I caught this last March during the Cascade Ice Cup Derby which I won, this perch went 15.5" and 2.4lbs, Lake Cascade has been really good too me,
Matt

IMG_0285.jpg

Tiger

Wow, 46.5" is one heckuva tiger musky!! Congrats!! I assume all of the muskies in Idaho are Tigers? The small lakes around Minneapolis MN are stocked with those as well, and a few friends have caught some naturally wild produced ones from Lake of the Woods, CA.

Awesome Tiger Muskie!

What's up with his head? His snout appears a bit short and humped? I fish for muskies in MN a lot (or used to before the kids) and I've not seen one with a head like that! Definitely got character! Normally I would lean towards getting a replica mount, but it would be almost impossible to recreate the character on that fish!

Congratulations!

Awesome Tiger Muskie!

What's up with his head? His snout appears a bit short and humped? I fish for muskies in MN a lot (or used to before the kids) and I've not seen one with a head like that! Definitely got character! Normally I would lean towards getting a replica mount, but it would be almost impossible to recreate the character on that fish!

Congratulations!

these fish were planted by F&G, they are sterile Tiger Musky, I would have leaned towards a replica also but it was close enough too the state record which was 47 1/4" only, 3/4" off the state record, so I wanted too have it officially weighed and such, but it was quite off the state weight.... this was a very early spring fish and was rather skinny, only weighed 26.5 lbs, coming off a long winter of not eating much i'm guessing....
Matt

Most tigers (in the midwest anyway) don't have that shape of head. Ours are also stocked, as well as most of our walleyes and pure strained muskies. I have seen some odd shaped fish over the years, and most are thought to be the result of damage when they are fingerlings in the hatchery and during stocking, and sometimes from near brushes with death from predator fish. great fish regardless!

Now that makes the story that much better! I would defintiely keep it if it was that close to a state record! I haven't seen the Tiger Muskies up here (fish mostly the local lake, Mille Lacs and Ontario), so I wasn't familiar with that look. With that said, it's one of the coolest looking muskies I've seen! Congrats on an awesome fish!

these fish were planted by F&G, they are sterile Tiger Musky, I would have leaned towards a replica also but it was close enough too the state record which was 47 1/4" only, 3/4" off the state record, so I wanted too have it officially weighed and such, but it was quite off the state weight.... this was a very early spring fish and was rather skinny, only weighed 26.5 lbs, coming off a long winter of not eating much i'm guessing....
Matt

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back