Mudder

Mudder

Retired, I live in central Germany, also have a domicile in So. Cal. I hunt Germany, the Czech Republic, and coastal Calöifornia. My favorite hunting is Fox and Boar, I know these two the best. Though I hunt a variety of small game, Upland bird, Deer for the freezer and varmints.

Look forward to reading / viewing pics of hunts in Europe! Welcome to HT.

Welcome!! Uncle Sam was kind enough to "allow" my to live in K-town (little America) for a bit. I worked in Sembach and would see Roe deer almost daily in the fields near post. It was a short stint ( 6 months) so I didn't have to time to complete a Jagdschein or hunt :( Can't wait for tales of the continent.

Welcome!! Uncle Sam was kind enough to "allow" my to live in K-town (little America) for a bit. I worked in Sembach and would see Roe deer almost daily in the fields near post. It was a short stint ( 6 months) so I didn't have to time to complete a Jagdschein or hunt :( Can't wait for tales of the continent.

I was here in the military and stayed after I got out.

I live a mile from a forest the county (Main-Kinsig) administers, actually the beginning of Spessart (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spessart ), a national forest. I can hear when somebody shoots from my house, mostly Boar and Roe Deer. My lease (mostly forest with some agriculture) is maybe an hours drive east, the Fulda gap/Kinsigtal, Hogs, Roe, Hare, Pheasant, and an occasional Red Deer. I mostly just hunt what the family and I can eat. I'm old now and my get up and go. got up and went. My youngest son is the fisherman, most every year he goes to Norway up near the Arctic circle to fish for Cod and comes home with a years supply of fillets. He is also my resident butcher, he has been at it since he was a toddler. I still have a mental picture of him crawling into the body cavity of a large hog to help field dress it, he is 32 now.

I always look forward to my yearly hunts in the Czech Republic, I hunt an old forest, trees many hundreds of years old and older.

I was here in the military and stayed after I got out.

I live a mile from a forest the county (Main-Kinsig) administers, actually the beginning of Spessart (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spessart ), a national forest. I can hear when somebody shoots from my house, mostly Boar and Roe Deer. My lease (mostly forest with some agriculture) is maybe an hours drive east, the Fulda gap/Kinsigtal, Hogs, Roe, Hare, Pheasant, and an occasional Red Deer. I mostly just hunt what the family and I can eat. I'm old now and my get up and go. got up and went. My youngest son is the fisherman, most every year he goes to Norway up near the Arctic circle to fish for Cod and comes home with a years supply of fillets. He is also my resident butcher, he has been at it since he was a toddler. I still have a mental picture of him crawling into the body cavity of a large hog to help field dress it, he is 32 now.

I always look forward to my yearly hunts in the Czech Republic, I hunt an old forest, trees many hundreds of years old and older.
My fathers family is from Lower Saxony (Beedenbostel) and I regret having never gotten up that far, perhaps now that I am retired I will get back for a northern swing. I did get to do some hunting in England this year (I spent a year there as a DoD civilian) and harvested a muntjac. I think this coming year it may be a trip to the Scottish Highlands. It is nice to have free time while I can still enjoy it!!

My fathers family is from Lower Saxony (Beedenbostel) and I regret having never gotten up that far, perhaps now that I am retired I will get back for a northern swing. I did get to do some hunting in England this year (I spent a year there as a DoD civilian) and harvested a muntjac. I think this coming year it may be a trip to the Scottish Highlands. It is nice to have free time while I can still enjoy it!!

Actually Saxony is a nice area, pop across the border into the northern Czech Republic or Southern Poland. The regulations for hunting are a lot more relaxed in the Czech Republic than in Germany.

I don't know if there is such a thing as genetic memory or not, but the first time I went into eastern Bavaria and western Bohemia I knew I was where I belonged. Felt like a happy Boar in a warm mud hole. It wasn't until 40 years later I found out my family, on my mothers side, came from there.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back