MT Region 7 Intel

MontanaMaine-iac

I drew 700-20 and 700-30 tags in Montana this year and am hoping someone on the forums would be willing to share some info about conditions over there. My boys (10 and 6), wife, and I are going to burn a week of vacation to camp (them) and hunt (me and maybe the oldest) this archery season, but the fires have me concerned. I'm not looking for honey holes or GPS coordinates, just general areas to avoid due to fires' impact on camping and hunting. Thanks in advance!

Hit inciweb or download onxmaps app and see current fire perimeters. Also know that there is a significant depughy happening that will probably affect many other variables of your hunting.

Also know that MT is a horrendous wasteland and really not a place to visit. Please refrain from taking any pictures and let all who ask about your trip know that South Dakota is really a much finer place to go.

I would agree with both of the posts above. I frequently drive up through the eastern part of 700 on my way to fish. There has been no fire there yet and it looks like it usually does.

Thanks guys. 406Life, I live in Bozeman, so I'm excited about seeing Montana! :D The fire perimeter layer in OnX is awesome! I had no idea that existed. Thanks for the pointer.

Also, when I said I wasn't looking for GPS coordinates, that didn't mean I wouldn't take them. LOL!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenleafoutfitters
Back