Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

MT Opener-Kman Scores first deer

Nemont

and his second.

Due Kman being sick this morning we didn't get out until about 1 pm. We took a quick tour of a couple of places and see tons of hunters and not much for deer. We decided to head to a field we had permission to hunt Whitetails on. The landowner did not want any driving on the fields but that was fine. I know there are lots of deer around but they are not out and feeding yet.

There is one field way in the very back of the property that we can get to using an irrigation ditch for cover. Gear up and head out walking down the ditch. We get to were we can peek into the field and it is filled with about 25 head. Glass and glass and there is a buck feeding closer. Kman says he is wants to take it, it is not the bigges but he doesn't care. The wind is blowing hard right in our faces 20 to 25 mph and the deer have no idea we are near.

He lines up and bang, the deer takes three steps and down he goes. The rest of the deer run in circles trying to figure out what happened. We sit and wait and soon all the deer go back to feeding. I turn to Kman and say, "hey, why don't you fill a doe tag also?". There is a nice doe standing and stomping her feet and trying to get the dead buck to rise from the dead. Again bang and the doe is off to the races, the only thing is that she has a hole punched right through the boiler room, She dies about 15 yards from where the buck lay. Two deer and it is 4:30 opening day of the season.

the hunter and his deer.
PA240281.jpg

PA240285.jpg

]

Both Deer
PA240280.jpg

Last edited:
First double? Over in your land of Montana that might not be such a big deal. Over here that would be a lot rarer. Tell him great job and good shooting. From of course Shoots-straight.

Great job,hope the rancher let you drive back to pick up the deer?

That`s great Kman! Congratulations to both Kman and dad on a great hunt and for the double.
Kman, remember that don`t happen all the time. Most of us can only kill one if we`re lucky.:eek:
All I can say is, your hooked now!

And did K-Man get to watch Dad carry the deer out on his back?

"Son, allow me to show you why it is called a Misery Board".......

Congrats to K-man, and, I am seriously thinking of asking you to adopt me. I want to be your son....

And did K-Man get to watch Dad carry the deer out on his back?

"Son, allow me to show you why it is called a Misery Board".......

Congrats to K-man, and, I am seriously thinking of asking you to adopt me. I want to be your son....

He didn't have to pack out as we had a game cart. He did get the joy of field dressing and all the fun that comes with that. He is getting big enough to pack his own game out.

Thanks for all the responses.

Nemont

pics such as these never get old........congrats Young Guns!

That's awesome congrats to your son.
Especially on a magical after-death-antler-swapping buck. ;)

Back