MT NR Application Question

teej89

I tried hijacking another thread instead of having to start ANOTHER Montana post but it didn't take.

My question is as a non-resident, I am hunting archery elk this year and going back for rifle deer. When I'm applying how does the big game combo work with the permit? Because it looks like I have to draw the big game combo in order to qualify for getting the permit, is this correct? So are there two rounds of draws for NR, first to see if you draw a big game combo, which I've heard there's always leftovers, then if you do you get put in the pool to see if you draw your permit? I only want to put in for one choice, the 900-20 permit, do I have to fill in my other 2 choices?

Also when I submit my permit I need to purchase a bow and arrow license as well if I'm doing the 900-20 correct?

My hunters ed doesn't have any #s on it, it's from PA, I forget what Colorado told me to do last year, I was hoping there'd be some PA guys here or others with this same issue that could shed light on this?

I apologize, I lied, it was more than one question...

Thanks guys!

Call 406 454 5640. they have been very helpful to answer some of my questions. That's the number in Great Falls but you can look up different regions at MT FWP.

i believe you put in once before march 15th, apply for the non resident combo and 900-20 at the same time. if i were you i also would put in for a hard draw for deer as well. and yes you need the archery validation as well , before you apply for an archery only tag. new this year. and in my opinion its quite confusing, and MTFWP doesnt even get the regs out before march 15th . they put out a supplemental. auggh!! good luck.

You're pretty much on the right track. Yes, apply for the combo and the permit at the same time. I'm sure you can just put down the 900-20 tag.

Not sure on the hunter ed stuff. On the paper app you'really supposed to put down your number so I assume you have to online as well. Can't remember...

This probably is not the best advice, but as far as hunters ed goes if the computer system forces you to enter a number, just make something up. They don't know what your Pennsylvania number is or that Pennsylvania doesn't give a number, and they have no way to check. As long as you have actually taken hunter safety and can prove it if you were ever checked, you are not breaking the law.

I always have trouble with Idaho's computer system taking my Montana hunter safety number, but it seems to take the number i make up. That was even done at the suggestion of a person with ID FG who could not figure out how to help me

awesome thanks guys, I was just making sure I was on the right course!

This probably is not the best advice, but as far as hunters ed goes if the computer system forces you to enter a number, just make something up. They don't know what your Pennsylvania number is or that Pennsylvania doesn't give a number, and they have no way to check. As long as you have actually taken hunter safety and can prove it if you were ever checked, you are not breaking the law.

I always have trouble with Idaho's computer system taking my Montana hunter safety number, but it seems to take the number i make up. That was even done at the suggestion of a person with ID FG who could not figure out how to help me

Yeah I'm pretty sure colorado just told me to fill it in with zeros lol

awesome thanks guys, I was just making sure I was on the right course!

Yeah I'm pretty sure colorado just told me to fill it in with zeros lol

When we put in for Colorado, we always just use the instructor number on our PA card.
Never had problem.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back