MT: Gianforte vs Quist

that's what I thought, initially. But if he wins, then this gets swept away for another 2 years - and somewhat forgotten if he establishes himself in a better fashion. that's prob a stretch tho. :hump:

Yup. Our sitting US Senator Crapo had a DUI in 2012 and won reelection with damn near 70% of the vote last November.

This is likely career ending for Gigi.

I think will be a plus for his political career. Now, if had been a woman or child or elderly or disabled person he slammed then agree with you. The vision of a pushy reporter being rude is an oft repeated storyline in movies. The reporter is never the hero in those storylines.

Jeezus...seriously?
Guy slams/abuses a poofter Guardian reporter and he's a tough guy? Doing the proper thing? Sheep must be very nervous these days in MT. LOL
What a punk ass chump.

If a guy worth north of 100 million body slams me, I going to the hospital and may decide to give up on the reporting gig. $$$$$$$$$$

THIS is what the reporter was looking for. Sensation, not substance...

Also, interesting is the 'eyewitness' has changed her story, but that's not being covered by the media.

I think will be a plus for his political career.

That's sad commentary to a new low in American politics...and just when you think politics has reached the lowest level possible.

If tuffie cant handle a reporter...he's sunk when he gets to DC.

Really wish I would have been that reporter...when tuffie grabbed me, he would have been choking on those butter tabs of his.

THIS is what the reporter was looking for. Sensation, not substance...

Also, interesting is the 'eyewitness' has changed her story, but that's not being covered by the media.

You did listen to the audio, right? The reporter did the exact same thing on Quist that he did with GG. Quist didn't throw him down though. The reporter was looking for an answer to a question, nothing more.

This is likely career ending for Gigi.

I think this move will do nothing but solidify his base. He'll be deemed a hero for taking it to the enemy - the liberal mainstream media. Eye for an eye, don't take any crap from anyone tough guy stuff.

it wasn't merely one eyewitness. If the story has changed ... then what is your secret source of what's not being covered by the media?

it wasn't merely one eyewitness. If the story has changed ... then what is your secret source of what's not being covered by the media?

The fox news reporter basically said he was grabbed "near the neck" rather than "by the neck" before being thrown down. If true, this would completely validate Gianforte. :rolleyes:

If true, this would completely validate Gianforte.
In your opinion, as you interpret whatever testimony was publicized, which you may have read or heard. Notwithstanding ... after investigation, the Gallatin County Sheriffs Office charged Gianforte with assault. 'Doubt if you have read the investigative report. If assault of a reporter (regardless of his rudeness) is not offensive to you .... well, to each his own standard of integrity.

In your opinion, as you interpret whatever testimony was publicized, which you may have read or heard. Notwithstanding ... after investigation, the Gallatin County Sheriffs Office charged Gianforte with assault. 'Doubt if you have read the investigative report. If assault of a reporter (regardless of his rudeness) is not offensive to you .... well, to each his own standard of integrity.

Face it. Civility in the press went out the window a long time ago. I'm no Gianforte fan. but I am humored by it.

Sorry man, apparently my sarcasm didn't come across. I put the eyeroll emoji but it shows up really small. There isn't any excuse for his behavior.

If this was not for a person set to represent our interests as Montanans, I would laugh my ass off... Although, if we can't laugh at ourselves for having these nutjobs as the best D's and R's can give us... HAHAHA!

I hope you send him to Congress so he can throat punch Maxine Waters and Debbie Wasserman Shultz. :)

I put the eyeroll emoji but it shows up really small.
My bad ... 'sorry man, my old squinty eyes missed it.

Syte, you're right ... we better just laugh at ourselves for our options and all their drama ... and hope for the best. But the hope should involve some messages to whomever gets the seat, particularly messages supporting hunting and public lands.

Back