MT bear

I know a guy that got his first bear near Missoula on the third or fourth day of the season.

I've heard of a few down, surprising none on here yet. All I've seen are a set of tracks resembling my 3 year old nephew's barefeet.

I saw a giant dead one that a 12 year old shot. 7 footer with a 21" skull. The kid is ruined now for the rest of his bear career

The green chutes are just starting to poke up through the dead bent over grass in the area that I hunt. Gonna be a bit yet. Never hurts to hike around with a rifle though, might find a shed horn or two.

I saw a giant dead one that a 12 year old shot. 7 footer with a 21" skull. The kid is ruined now for the rest of his bear career

I doubt it......If its the same kid I know, he as some sweet access.............I'd bet he finds another one like that in his future;)

We saw 2 at 450 yards my first day out last weekend. A real big chocolate sow and last years cub. Looked like she may have been trying to run him off?

We got our good friend a pretty nice one last Friday. Still a little ways away though as far as the real good hunting is concerned.

Don't bother being in the good places until 6:30PM or later. Kick back and chill until the evening.

You're not late if you're glassing 2hrs before dark. Any time before that is usually a waste of time. 90% of the dead bears I've walked up on were within the last hour of daylight.

I'm actually really surprised there hasn't been many (any???) bears post up here yet. We took our good friend into one of our spots back on the 26th and put this guy down with the smoke pole.

facebook.jpg

Saw two the last two days but have been trying to get on with a bow. Snuck to within 30 last night but the bear wasn't big enough. The big one slipped off the road before we could close the gap enough. If you want to read more about the bear above you can check it out @ http://www.montana-wild.com/1stblackbearof2013/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back