Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT Archery Field Test

Has this person ever archery hunted (ie bought an archery permit in another state)? Does this person have or has taken a Bowhunter Ed course in his/her own state? If the answer is yes to either of these questions that will suffice for MT. They either show bowhunter certificate or proof of bowhunting license to FWP.

If this person took the online course, I assume any of the available field days would work.

MT, He's coming from CA. Don't think they require a bowhunter cert out there. He's doing the MT online course, just a long drive to do the field test. He's looking for anyway to avoid that.

MT, He's coming from CA. Don't think they require a bowhunter cert out there. He's doing the MT online course, just a long drive to do the field test. He's looking for anyway to avoid that.

From the Regs:

provide any prior year’s bowhunting/archery stamp, tag, permit, or license from any state or province. If you can no longer produce this license, for a $5 fee you may sign an affidavit stating that you previously held such a license. The affidavit is available at all FWP License Providers. The affidavit entitles you to purchase a current year’s Montana Bow and Arrow license.

To me that reads if he has previously purchased a Bow Tag in CA he can present that to MT FWP and recieve his MT bow stamp. Maybe there is more to it though.

From the Regs:

provide any prior year’s bowhunting/archery stamp, tag, permit, or license from any state or province. If you can no longer produce this license, for a $5 fee you may sign an affidavit stating that you previously held such a license. The affidavit is available at all FWP License Providers. The affidavit entitles you to purchase a current year’s Montana Bow and Arrow license.

To me that reads if he has previously purchased a Bow Tag in CA he can present that to MT FWP and recieve his MT bow stamp. Maybe there is more to it though.

That's how I read it too.

Many states are doing similar with archery tags. Just keep a copy of a past archery tag with your hunters safety card and you should be good to go in most states.

They accepted my 2009 VA archery license (no test required) last year in MT. That's the latest I had because I'm always out West rifle hunting during VA's archery season (until last year).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back