MR Metcalf

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

Scheels is having a 25% off mystery ranch sale. I was thinking about buying a metcalf. Any helpful reviews on them? Thanks

When is said sale? I just picked up a metcalf in sub a today at the scheels in Billings for full price 525.00... first impression is good, but I really want to know with all the raves about them how people organize their stuff with only a couple pockets in the lid and one compartment. Looks to be able to haul some weight which is why I bought it. To be honest my alps outdoors 200 pack has a lot more features, but this season will tell.. Worst case I will be cool and trendy..

I believe it starts Saturday. $390 vs $525 has me interested! I like how it can compress down to a day pack and expand to carry a big load!

Metcalf is a bit big for day hikes, Mule would be better, but the Metcalf bag isnt avilable separately.

As for oragnization i put my frequesntly used stuff in the two lid pockets, and use a small dry bag for thr inside foe whatnots. I also put a small pxoket on each side of the waistbelt.

I love my Metcalf. It works fine for a daypack. It’s all I’ve used for bow hunting for six years now.

I keep my survival kit, map, gloves in the lid. Jackets in the main bag, lunch and game bags in the main bag. I don’t like a ton of pockets, so it fits my uses well.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the organization, I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks for the input.

I looked for this online with our local store and couldn't find any reference. I don't have a paper flyer for upcoming sale though either. Maybe it was in that?

I'm on my second Metcalf now that they lightened the NICE frame and it's perfect. It's the only pack I use or need for day hunts and extended trips. You really can't go wrong and 25% off is a steal.

It runs 8/25 to 9/2!

Attachments

• 20180823_145953.jpg
    20180823_145953.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 247
Available online?

If you set up a free account login at the Scheels site (takes 30 seconds), add the MR pack of your choosing to your shopping cart and then call their 1-800 number for online customer service, they will update the price to the sales price in the cart in real time while you are on the phone -- and they will do it today so if you are looking for a low inventory item you can get yours before the Saturday rush.

Last edited:
Glad I could help. Luckily, I have a scheels a mile from my home.

I picked one up tonight at the Scheel’s here when I asked if they’d honor the sales price a little early. They were great to work with and got it fitted. Can’t wait to mess around with it and finally break it in next weekend

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back